Historic Preservation Fund Grants to Underrepresented Communities
The summary for the Historic Preservation Fund Grants to Underrepresented Communities grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Historic Preservation Fund Grants to Underrepresented Communities: Grants support the survey, inventory, and designation of historic properties that are associated with communities currently underrepresented in the National Register of Historic Places and among National Historic Landmarks. Within one year of the completion of the grant, all projects must result in: the submission of a new nomination to the National Register of Historic Places or National Historic Landmark program OR an amendment to an existing National Register or National Historic Landmark nomination to include underrepresented communities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Historic Preservation Fund Grants to Underrepresented Communities|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Grant Categories:||Arts Community Development Humanities Other|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P16AS00184|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Historic Preservation Fund Grants-In-Aid|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2016 Applications must be submitted in gr|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2016 Applications must be submitted in gr|
|Posted Date:||May 20, 2016|
|Creation Date:||May 21, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 31, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$15,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||20|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Category Explanation
- Historic Preservation, Cultural Resource Management
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments
City or township governments
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to: federally recognized Tribes, Alaska Native Groups, Native Hawaiian Organizations (as defined by 54 USC 300300 et seq.); State Historic Preservation Offices (in some states and territories, these are nonprofits); and Certified Local Governments (which may be county, city, or township governments). A listing of Certified Local Governments may be found at nps.gov/clg.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Underrepresented Community Grant Program Homepage
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Division Chief Megan Brown 202 354 2020
Email preferred for questions.
National Park Service 303-969-2348
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Assessing, Monitoring, and Documenting the Status of Plant Species and Communities
- • Large Mammal response to wildfire and landscape-scale forest restoration in the Jemez Moun...
- • Terrestrial Monitoring Intern for the Southeast Coast Network of the NPS Inventory and Mon...
- • FY2017 Historic Preservation Fund - Tribal Historic Preservation Offices
- • Collaborate on the Execution of the Annual Work Plan of Blackstone River Valley National H...