Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Prevention Projects for the Pacific Islands
The summary for the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Prevention Projects for the Pacific Islands grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Prevention Projects for the Pacific Islands: CDC's Procurement and Grants Office has published a funding opportunity announcement entitled, "Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Prevention Projects for the Pacific Islands." Approximately $ 1,500,000 will be available in fiscal year 2010 to fund six awards. The purpose of this FOA is to reduce transmission of HIV by supporting and improving the ability of public health departments/ministries of health to design, implement, and evaluate comprehensive HIV prevention programs.
|Federal Grant Title:||Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Prevention Projects for the Pacific Islands|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-PS10-1002|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||HIV Prevention Activities_Health Department Based|
|Current Application Deadline:||Oct 05, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 28, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Aug 04, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Aug 04, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Nov 04, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants are limited to the six health departments/ministries of health of the United States Affiliated Pacific Island jurisdictions: American Samoa, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Republic of the Marshall Islands, and Republic of Palau. Health departments in the 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands will be funded under a separate announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- PGO TIMS Phone 770-488-2700
Technical Information Management Section [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Secretarys Minority AIDS Initiative Funding for
- • Secretary’s Minority AIDS Initiative Funding to Increase HIV Prevention and Care Ser...
- • Health Department Demonstration Projects to Reduce HIV Infections and Improve Engagement i...
- • Health Department Demonstration Projects for Comprehensive Prevention, Care, Behavioral He...
- • Secretarys Minority AIDS Initiative Funding to Increase HIV Prevention and Care Service De...
- • Rapid Test Algorithms for Diagnosis of HIV Infection and Improved Linkage to Care
- • Expanded and Integrated Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Testing for Populations Disprop...
- • National HIV Behavioral Surveillance System (U62)
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...