Identifying Non-coding RNA Targets for Cancer Early Detection and Prevention (R01)
The summary for the Identifying Non-coding RNA Targets for Cancer Early Detection and Prevention (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Identifying Non-coding RNA Targets for Cancer Early Detection and Prevention (R01): Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA), issued by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), encourages research grant applications from institutions/organizations on the discovery and characterization of non-coding (nc) RNAs in preneoplasias and early stage cancers to: 1) improve early cancer detection, intervention, and prevention; 2) predict risk of progression from preneoplasia to cancer, and 3) distinguish benign lesions from precancerous lesions. Mechanism of Support. This FOA uses the NIH research project R01 grant mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope, PA-09-200 that encourages applications under the NIH Exploratory/Developmental (R21) Grant mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability
|Federal Grant Title:||Identifying Non-coding RNA Targets for Cancer Early Detection and Prevention (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-09-199|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Cause and Prevention Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 07, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jun 01, 2009|
|Creation Date:||Jun 01, 2009|
|Archive Date:||Oct 08, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER [email protected]
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Fundamental Mechanisms of Affective and Decisional Processes in Cancer Control (R01 Clinic...
- • U.S. and Low- and Middle-Income Country (LMIC) HIV-Associated Malignancy Research Centers ...
- • Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis, Diabetes and Pancrea...
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Consortium for the Study of Chronic Pancreatitis,...
- • Cancer Intervention and Surveillance Modeling Network (CISNET) (U01 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pilot Studies in Pancreatic Cancer
- • Cancer Prevention Research Small Grant Program
- • Molecular Targets for Nutrients in Prostate Cancer Prevention
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...