Improve Public Opportunities to use Archival Collections
The summary for the Improve Public Opportunities to use Archival Collections grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improve Public Opportunities to use Archival Collections: Project Goals â¿¿ The University of Arizona School of Information and the Western Archeological and Conservation Center (WACC) archives staff will collaborate to provide an archives-focused educational work experience opportunity for archives, library, and digital information students. The purpose is to complement classroom instruction with hands-on work activities in a variety of areas that describe, preserve, and make cultural and natural resource information in these records more available. The skills gained through this project will enhance student employability in several diverse fields. B. Project Objectives â¿¿ The objectives for this project include: 1. Catalog resource management records to describe their contents and facilitate retrieval of desired information. 2. Reunite project records that have been inadvertently separated to ensure that documentation is complete. 3. Improve preservation of archival records by reboxing and labeling. 4. Prepare and disseminate finding aids to collections to promote access. 5. Digitize records to expand use opportunities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improve Public Opportunities to use Archival Collections|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service (DOI-NPS)|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P18AS00448|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||July 28th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||July 28th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||July 19th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||July 19th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||July 30th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$38,098|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$38,098|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||July 19th, 2018|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Grants Managment Specialist Kelly Adams
- Similar Government Grants
- • Ethnographic Overview and Traditional Associations Study of Channel Islands National Park ...
- • Prepare Historic Resources Study of Climbing for Joshua Tree National Park, California
- • Management techniques to enhance California prairie biodiversity
- • Conservation of native biodiversity in Southern California National Parks
- • Improve control strategies for invasive plants and fungal pathogens in Hawaii Volcanoes Na...
- • Historic Structure Analysis of Bowman-Hite House and Bank Barn, Cedar Creek and Belle Grov...
- • National Park Service- Catalog Southwest Regional Office Central Files
- • National Park Service- Archeological Testing at LA162528/PECO742, Pigeon's Ranch Subunit, ...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area