Improving Literacy Through School Libraries Program
The summary for the Improving Literacy Through School Libraries Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Improving Literacy Through School Libraries Program: Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The purpose of this program is to improve student reading skills and academic achievement by providing students with increased access to up-to-date school library materials; well-equipped, technologically advanced school library media centers; and well-trained, professionally certified school library media specialists. Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.364A. Applications for grants under the Improving Literacy Through School Libraries program-CFDA Number 84.364A must be submitted electronically using the Grants.gov Apply site at: http://www.grants.gov. Through this site, you will be able to download a copy of the application package, complete it offline, and then upload and submit your application. You may not e-mail an electronic copy of a grant application to us. You may access the electronic grant application for Improving Literacy Through School Libraries program at: http://www.grants.gov. You must search for the downloadable application package for this program by the CFDA number. Do not include the CFDA number's alpha suffix in your search. The telephone number for the Grants.gov Helpdesk is 1-800-518-4726.
|Federal Grant Title:||Improving Literacy Through School Libraries Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-021006-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Literacy through School Libraries|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 11, 2006 Applications Available: February 10,|
|Posted Date:||Feb 10, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Feb 10, 2006|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$18,901,586|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||100|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Local educational agencies (LEAs) in which at least 20 percent of the students served by the LEA are from families with incomes below the poverty line based on the most recent satisfactory data available from the U.S. Census Bureau at the time this notice is published. These data are Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates for school districts for income year 2003. A list of LEAs with their family poverty rates (based on these Census Bureau data) is posted on our Web site at: http://www.ed.gov/programs/lsl/eligibility.html.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED FedGrants System Admin.
Phone (202) 245-6140
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW., room 3W227
Washington, DC 20202-
- Similar Government Grants
- • Improving Literacy through School Libraries: FY 2011
- • Improving Literacy Through School Libraries Program CFDA 84.364A
- • Improving Literacy Through School Libraries Competition Program CFDA 84.364A
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education. Improving Literacy Through School Libraries ...
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Minority Science and Engineering Improvement Prog...
- • Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE): Upward Bound Program CFDA Number 84.047A
- • Office of innovation and Improvement (OII): Investing in Innovation (I3) Fund: Development...
- • Office of Elementary and Secondary Education (OESE): Preschool Development Grants: Prescho...
- • Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE): Performance Partnership Pilots (...