Industrial Assessment Centers
The summary for the Industrial Assessment Centers grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Golden Field Office, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Industrial Assessment Centers: This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will result in the selection of 20 to 30 universities as Industrial Assessment Centers (IACs) based on a competitive selection process. The Federal Government has been funding the IAC program ? formerly called the Energy Analysis and Diagnostic Center program ? since 1976. The IAC program is a major workforce development initiative aimed at creating the next generation energy engineers possessing a unique mixture of engineering and energy management expertise, combined with hands-on experience obtained by working directly with small and medium sized industrial and manufacturing facilities across the country. Each IAC will provide extensive training for undergraduate and graduate engineering students in industrial processes, energy assessment procedures, and energy management principles. Led by IAC-related faculty and staff, these IAC students will perform energy assessments for small and medium si zed manufacturers in their geographic region, which will result in energy savings, waste reduction, and sustainability and productivity improvements for the manufacturers and real-world experience for the students. Moreover, the students will interact with plant and corporate management; prepare executive-level briefings and plant-specific reports containing detailed recommendations for operational and energy management improvement; and through follow-on activities, facilitate continuous improvement in energy management at these facilities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Industrial Assessment Centers|
|Federal Agency Name:||Golden Field Office|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||DE-FOA-0000490|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Information Dissemination, Outreach, Training and Technical Analysis/Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 02, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 02, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jun 14, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 11, 2011|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:||$0|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Uriel Trujilloiac@go.doe.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • Request for Information (RFI) DE-FOA-0001512: Accounting Conventions for Non-Combustible R...
- • Notice of Technical Assistance for Remote Alaska Communities Energy Efficiency Competition
- • Remote Alaskan Communities Energy Efficiency Competition
- • Solar Decathlon Program Administrator
- • 2017 Solar Decathlon College Team Competition
- • Area of Interest 1: Low Temperature Combustion -- FreedomCAR and Vehicle Technologies Prog...
- • Area of Interest 2: Emission Control Devices -- FreedomCAR and Vehicle Technologies Progra...
- • Area of Interest 3: Technologies to Enhance Engine Efficiency -- FreedomCAR and Vehicle Te...
- More Grants from the Golden Field Office
- • Notice of Intent to Issue: DE-FOA-0001660 - Deployment of Clean Energy and Energy Efficien...
- • RFI: Wind Wildlife Operational and Compensatory Mitigation
- • DE-FOA-0001631: Request for Information: Miscellaneous Electric Loads (MELs) Energy Effici...
- • Request for Information (RFI): Cellulosic Sugar and Lignin Production Capabilities
- • Request for Information - DE-FOA-0001635 - POTENTIAL TECHNICAL FOCUS AREAS FOR ADVANCED MA...