Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - National Integrated Food Safety Initiative
The summary for the Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - National Integrated Food Safety Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - National Integrated Food Safety Initiative: The purpose of the National Integrated Food Safety Initiative is to support food safety projects that demonstrate an integrated approach to solving problems in applied food safety research, education, or extension. Various models for integration of applied research, education, and extension will be considered for funding. Applications describing multi-state, multi-institutional, multidisciplinary, and multifunctional activities (and combinations thereof) are encouraged. Applicants are strongly encouraged to address at least two of the three functional areas of research, education, and extension (i.e., research and extension, research and education, or extension and education).
|Federal Grant Title:||Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - National Integrated Food Safety Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-ICGP-003445|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Integrated Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 27, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 27, 2011|
|Posted Date:||May 16, 2011|
|Creation Date:||May 16, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jul 27, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$9,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Colleges and universities (as defined in section 1404 of NARETPA) (7 U.S.C. 3103) are eligible to submit applications for the National Integrated Food Safety Initiative. Section 1404 of NARETPA was amended by section 7101 of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (FCEA) to define Hispanic-serving Agricultural Colleges and Universities (HSACUs) (see Part III, B. for more information), and to include research foundations maintained by eligible colleges or universities. For the purposes of this program, the terms college and university mean an educational institution in any state which (1) admits as regular students only persons having a certificate of graduation from a school providing secondary education, or the recognized equivalent of such a certificate; (2) is legally authorized within such state to provide a program of education beyond secondary education; (3) provides an educational program for which a bachelor's degree or any other higher degree is awarded; (4) is a public or other nonprofit institution; and (5) is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association. Applications also may be submitted by 1994 Land-Grant Institutions (as defined in 7 CFR 3430), HSACUs, and research foundations maintained by eligible colleges or universities. An applicant's failure to meet an eligibility criterion by the time of an application deadline will preclude NIFA from reviewing an application and making an award. Award recipients may subcontract to organizations not eligible to apply directly for funds provided such organizations are necessary for the conduct of the project.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 am -5:00 pm ET, excluding Federal holidays
If you have any questions related to preparing application content [email@example.com ]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organic Transitions
- • Regional Integrated Pest Management Centers
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Methyl Bromide ...
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program: National Integra...
- • Integrated Organic Program
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Service Competitive Grants Program: Methyl B...
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Hispanic Serving Institutions -- Education Grants Program
- • Special Research Grants Program, Potato Breeding Research
- • 1890 Facilities Grants Program
- • SAECP Secondary Agriculture Education Challenge Grant Program
- • Alaska Native-Serving and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions Education Competitive Grant...