Integrative Hybrid and Complex Systems (IHCS)
The summary for the Integrative Hybrid and Complex Systems (IHCS) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Science Foundation, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Integrative Hybrid and Complex Systems (IHCS): The Integrative, Hybrid and Complex Systems (IHCS) program supports innovative research in areas that integrate device concepts and systems principles in the design, development and implementation of new nano/micro/macro hybrid and complex systems with engineering solutions for domain specific applications. Hybrid systems incorporating both continuous and discrete representations are of increasing interest in the study of distributed networks. Proposals are sought that address fundamental research issues associated with modeling, design, simulation and development of engineering systems with applications in telecommunications, homeland security, biotechnology and manufacturing. Examples include:1. Miniature implantable devices that combine sensors, actuators, computational algorithms and microcircuits for biomedical applications ranging from drug delivery to microsurgery; 2. Wireless networks of handheld or wearable computing devices that incorporate microsystem transmitters, receivers, antennas and sensors, and constitute a complex distributed network with high bandwidth and high information-transfer rates; 3. Optoelectronic and photonic integrated circuits, scalable in density and functionality, for chip-based wavelength division multiplexing; 4. Power grids and systems designed to be reliable, efficient and environmentally sustainable; 5. Control methods for image-guided therapy and surgery; and 6. Cyberengineering systems that integrate the physical layer (devices,sensors) with the informational layer (communication networks, computational intelligence, decision/control) to optimize the performance of distributed systems. Such integrative systems offer new challenges in basic research and promise for future applications. Proposals for the Integrative, Hybrid and Complex Systems program may involve collaborative research among investigators to capture the breadth of expertise needed for such multidisciplinary integrative activities. Areas of opportunity are announced and updated on the ECS Division home page. In addition, researchers are invited to propose, and are encouraged to discuss, with the IHCS Program Directors, potential innovative systems and associated areas of research.Areas of current interest include: hybrid and complex systems at the nano, micro and macro scales. Some of the technology areas include: *Machine Intelligent Systems, *System-on-a-Chip, *System-in-a-package, *Organic and Silicon-based Hybrid Systems, *Quantum Information Systems, *Optical and Wireless Communications Systems, and *Cyberengineering Systems
|Federal Grant Title:||Integrative Hybrid and Complex Systems (IHCS)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Science Foundation|
|Grant Categories:||Science and Technology|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PD-05-7564|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Engineering Grants|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 07, 2008 Full Proposal Window: January 7, 200|
|Posted Date:||Jun 06, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Nov 25, 2008|
|Archive Date:||No date given|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Unrestricted (i.e., open to any type of entity above), subject to any clarification in text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility"
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NSF Grants.gov Assistance firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail)
- Similar Government Grants
- • Training-based Workforce Development for Advanced Cyberinfrastructure
- • EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations ...
- • Advanced Biomanufacturing of Therapeutic Cells
- • IUSE/Professional Formation of Engineers: REvolutionizing engineering and computer science...
- • Data Infrastructure Building Blocks
- • Geomechanics & Geotechnical Systems (GGS)
- • Materials Use: Science, Engineering, and Society (MUSES)
- • Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer Programs Phase I...
- More Grants from the National Science Foundation
- • Division of Environmental Biology
- • Long Term Research in Environmental Biology
- • Algorithms for Threat Detection
- • EarthScope
- • EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Track 4: EPSCoR Research Fellows