International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) (K01)
The summary for the International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) (K01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) (K01): The purpose of the Fogarty International Center (FIC) International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) is to provide support and protected time (three to five years) to advanced postdoctoral (at least two years beyond conferral of doctoral degree) U.S. research scientists for an intensive, mentored research career development experience in a low- or middle-income country (LMIC) as defined by the World Bank (http://data.worldbank.org/about/country-classifications/country-and-lending-groups; low-income, lower-middle-income, and upper-middle-income countries are included) leading to an independent research career focused on global health. FIC invites K01 applications from biomedical, epidemiological, clinical, biostatistical, social and behavioral scientists in the formative stages of their research careers.
|Federal Grant Title:||International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) (K01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-13-072|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||International Research and Research Training|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 04, 2015|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 04, 2015|
|Posted Date:||Jan 04, 2013|
|Creation Date:||Jan 04, 2013|
|Archive Date:||Apr 04, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed. http://grants.nih.gov/grants/policy/nihgps_2010/nihgps_ch16.htm#_Toc271265275
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Planning Grant for Global Infectious Disease Research Training Program (D71 No Clinical Tr...
- • Health-professional Education Partnership Initiative (HEPI) (R25 Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • African Association for Health Professions Education and Research (R25)(Clinical Trials No...
- • Planning for Non-Communicable Diseases and Disorders Research Training Programs in Low and...
- • Planning Grants for International Malaria Clinical, Operational and Health Services Resear...
- • Framework Programs for Global Health
- • Stigma and Global Health Research Program
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...