International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program (R01)
The summary for the International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program (R01): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) solicits collaborative research and capacity building projects that address the burden of tobacco use in low-and middle-income countries (LMIC) by (1) pursuing observational, intervention and policy research of LMIC relevance and (2) building capacity in epidemiological and behavioral research, prevention, treatment, communications, implementation, health services and policy research. The level of research and research training specialization in any given project will vary based on the strengths of the particular investigators and institutions and the specific need to build capacity to support locally relevant research on tobacco control interventions. The overall intent of the program is to encourage trans-disciplinary research to the international tobacco epidemic and to reduce the global burden of morbidity and mortality caused by tobacco use. The program is designed to promote international cooperation between investigators in the U.S. or other high-income countries (HIC) pursuing research programs on tobacco control, and scientists and institutions in LMIC where tobacco consumption is a current or anticipated public health urgency. The program allows U.S. and other HIC investigators to gain expertise working under LMIC-specific conditions and strengthens the research base of the U.S. and foreign institution(s), especially those institutions in LMIC. To this end, capacity strengthening must be an integrated and significant part of the research proposal. Note that in this FOA, the term tobacco includes both smoked and smokeless (non-combusted) forms of tobacco.
|Federal Grant Title:||International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-TW-11-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Drug Abuse and Addiction Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 15, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jul 12, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jul 12, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Oct 16, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,300,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Functional Genetics, Epigenetics, and Non-coding RNAs in Substance Use Disorders (R01)
- • Evaluating the NIDA Standardized Research E-Cigarette in Risk Reduction and Related Studie...
- • Functional Genetics, Epigenetics, and Non-coding RNAs in Substance Use Disorders (R21)
- • Discovering Novel Targets: The Molecular Genetics of Drug Addiction and Related Co-Morbidi...
- • NIDA Core "Center of Excellence" Grant Program (P30)
- • NIDA Phase II Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR [R44]) Competing Renewal Awards
- • Drug Abuse Aspects of Hiv/Aids and Other Infections
- • Epidemiology of Drug Abuse
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)