International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program (R01)
The summary for the International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program (R01): -This Request for Applications (RFA) solicits research and capacity building projects that address the burden of tobacco consumption in low- and middle-income nations by (1) pursuing observational, intervention and policy research of local relevance; and (2) building capacity in these regions in epidemiological and behavioral research, prevention, treatment, communications, health services and policy research. -The total amount to be awarded is expected to be approximately $3 million. -It is anticipated that eight awards will be made from this RFA. -This RFA will use the individual research grant (R01) award mechanism. -Eligible organizations include domestic or foreign, for-profit or non-profit, public or private institutions such as universities, colleges, hospitals, laboratories, units of state and local governments and eligible agencies of the Federal government. -Eligible Principal Investigators include all qualified investigators. -Only one application from a single institution will be accepted. -See Section IV.1 for application materials. -Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
|Federal Grant Title:||International Tobacco and Health Research and Capacity Building Program (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-TW-06-006|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Oral Diseases and Disorders Research 93.279 Drug Abuse Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 26, 2006|
|Posted Date:||May 08, 2006|
|Creation Date:||May 09, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Oct 26, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$300,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||8|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.399 -- Cancer Control|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) County governments State governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities For profit organizations other than small businesses City or township governments Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Special district governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
[email protected] If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...