Intestinal Stem Cell Consortium (U01)
The summary for the Intestinal Stem Cell Consortium (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Intestinal Stem Cell Consortium (U01): Purpose. This FOA invites new applications to participate in the Intestinal Stem Cell Consortium (ISCC).The goals of this initiative are 1) to establish a network of synergistic research teams and a Coordinating Center focused on research on stem cells of the small intestine in order to 2) isolate, culture, characterize, functionally validate, and compare stem cell populations from the small intestine epithelium in vivo and in vitro, and 3) share data, biomaterials, models, reagents, resources and methods between projects in the ISCC and 4) make these publicly available through a web site to be developed by the Coordinating Center.The objective of support for this consortium is to accelerate research on stem cells of the intestinal epithelium in order to facilitate understanding of the biology and function of the intestine and aid development of therapies for intestinal diseases and conditions where damage and replacement of this epithelium are important components. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the U01 cooperative agreement grant mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The total amount of funding that is expected to be awarded through this announcement is $3.0 Million total costs for the first year to support 5-7research projects and one Coordinating Center.
|Federal Grant Title:||Intestinal Stem Cell Consortium (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-08-010|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Digestive Diseases and Nutrition Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 18, 2009|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 18, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Dec 03, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 03, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Apr 18, 2009|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Research Grants for Studies of Hepatitis C in the Setting of Renal Disease (R01)
- • Intestinal Failure, Short Gut Syndrome and Small Bowel Transplantation (R01)
- • Opportunity PA-06-301
- • Limited Competition for the Continuation of a National Endoscopic Database (U01)
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis Clinical Research Ne...
- • Small Clinical Grants in Digestive Diseases, Nutrition and Obesity
- • Hepatotoxicity Clinical Research Network
- • Bariatric Surgery Clinical Research Consortium
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • BRAIN Initiative: Exploratory Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - eTargetedBCP (R21)
- • BRAIN Initiative: Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - TargetedBCP (R01)
- • Tools for Clinical Care and Management of Alzheimers Disease (AD) and its Comorbidities (R...
- • Tools for Clinical Care and Management of Alzheimers Disease (AD) and Its Comorbidities (R...
- • Advancing Research on Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and Alzheimer's-Disease-Related Dementias (...