Jacob K. Javits Fellowship Program (84.170)
The summary for the Jacob K. Javits Fellowship Program (84.170) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Education, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Jacob K. Javits Fellowship Program (84.170): .Note: Each funding opportunity description is a synopsis of information in the Federal Register application notice. For specific information about eligibility, please see the official application notice. The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available on GPO Access at: http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/index.html. Please review the official application notice for pre-application and application requirements, application submission information, performance measures, priorities and program contact information. Purpose of Program: The purpose of the JKJ Fellowship Program is to award fellowships to eligible students of superior ability, selected on the basis of demonstrated achievement, financial need, and exceptional promise, to undertake graduate study in selected fields in the arts, humanities, and social sciences leading to a doctoral degree or to a master's degree in those fields in which the master's degree is the terminal highest degree awarded in the selected field of study at accredited institutions of higher education. The selected fields in the arts are: Creative writing, music performance, music theory, music composition, music literature, studio arts (including photography), television, film, cinematography, theater arts, playwriting, screenwriting, acting, and dance. The selected fields in the humanities are: American history, art history (including architectural history), archeology, area studies, classics, comparative literature, English language and literature, folklore, folk life, foreign languages and literature, foreign languages that are less commonly taught as follows: Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Indic family (including Hindi, Urdu, Sinhala, Bengali, Nepali, Punjabi, Marathi, Gujarati, Oriya, Assamese); Iranian family (including Dari, Farsi, Tajiki, Kurdish, Pashto, Balochi); and Turkic family (including Turkish, Azerbaijani/Azeri, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Turkmen, Uzbek, Uyghur), linguistics, non-American history, philosophy, religion (excluding study of religious vocation), speech, rhetoric, and debate. The selected fields in the social sciences are: Anthropology, communications and media, criminology, economics, ethnic and cultural studies, geography, political science, psychology (excluding clinical psychology), public policy and public administration, and sociology (excluding the master's and doctoral degrees in social work). Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number: 84.170A. Web Address to Access Application Package: Applications can only be accessed electronically on the JKJ Fellowship Program Web site: http://www.ed.gov/programs/jacobjavits/index.html. If you are unable to obtain an electronic copy of the application package, you may request a paper copy by contacting the program contact person listed under FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT in section VII. of the "Notice Inviting Applications". Note: The FAFSA may be obtained from the institution of higher education's financial aid office or accessed at: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
|Federal Grant Title:||Jacob K. Javits Fellowship Program (84.170)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||ED-GRANTS-082506-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Javits Fellowships|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Oct 06, 2006 Applications Available: August 25, 2|
|Posted Date:||Aug 25, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Aug 25, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Nov 05, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,961,992|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||46|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Individuals
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants: Individuals who at the time of application: (1) Have not completed their first full year of study for a doctoral degree or a master's degree in those fields in which the master's degree is the terminal highest degree awarded in the selected field of study, or will be entering a doctoral degree program or a master's degree program in those fields in which the master's degree is the terminal highest degree awarded in the selected field of study in academic year 2007-2008; (2) are eligible to receive grant, loan, or work assistance pursuant to section 484 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, 20 U.S.C. 1091, as amended (HEA); and (3) intend to pursue a doctoral or master's degree in fields selected by the Jacob K. Javits (JKJ) Fellowship Board at accredited U.S. institutions of higher education. An individual must be a citizen or national of the United States, a permanent resident of the United States, in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and intending to become a permanent resident, or a citizen of any one of the Freely Associated States.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Julius Cotton
ED Grants.gov FIND System Admin.
Phone (202) 245-6140
Jacob K. Javits Fellowship Program
U.S. Department of Education,
Teacher and Student
- Similar Government Grants
- • Jacob K. Javits Fellowship Program CFDA Number 84.170A
- • Office of Postsecondary Education; Overview Information; Jacob K.Javits Fellowship Program...
- • Opportunity ED-GRANTS-072108-004
- • Jacob K. Javits Fellowship Program CFDA 84.170A
- • Jacob K. Javits Fellowship Program
- More Grants from the Department of Education
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection: National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance on State Data Collection--National Technical Assistance C...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Leadership Development Programs: Increasing the Capacity of Leaders to Improve...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination To Improve Services and Results for Chi...
- • OSERS-OSEP: Technical Assistance and Dissemination Center for the Development and Implemen...