Limited Competition: Strengthening Behavioral and Social Science in Medical School Education (R25)
The summary for the Limited Competition: Strengthening Behavioral and Social Science in Medical School Education (R25) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Competition: Strengthening Behavioral and Social Science in Medical School Education (R25): The OBSSR, NCCAM, NCI, and NICHD invite applications for Research Education Grants (R25) to continue and expand support of schools of medicine or osteopathy interested in enhancing medical education through behavioral and social sciences content and curricula. This FOA has three main objectives: (1) Continue the evaluation, development, refinement, and implementation of enhanced courses, instructional techniques and materials, curricula and education designed during the prior K07 awards; (2) Continue the dissemination of curricula and other products to additional medical schools and to other health care professional schools; and (3) Continue to foster health-related research and careers in behavioral and social science within the setting of schools of medicine and osteopathy.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Competition: Strengthening Behavioral and Social Science in Medical School Education (R25)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-OD-11-004|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 07, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 07, 2011|
|Posted Date:||May 04, 2011|
|Creation Date:||May 04, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Aug 07, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$940,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$235,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||4|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Domestic institutions/organizations Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Phased Innovation Award for Mechanistic Studies to Optimize Mind and Body Interventions in...
- • Innovation Award for Mechanistic Studies to Optimize Mind and Body Interventions in NCCIH ...
- • Data Management and Coordinating Center (DMCC) for the Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic F...
- • NIH-DoD-VA Pain Management Collaboratory - Pragmatic Clinical Trials Demonstration Project...
- • NIH-DoD-VA Pain Management Collaboratory - Coordinating Center (U24)
- • Probiotics for Pediatric Illnesses
- • Cam Practitioner Research Education Project Grant Partnership
- • Complementary and Alternative Medicine Career Transition Award (K22)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)