Limited Competition for the Academic-Community Partnership Conference Series (U13)
The summary for the Limited Competition for the Academic-Community Partnership Conference Series (U13) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Limited Competition for the Academic-Community Partnership Conference Series (U13): Purpose. This limited competition solicits NIH Cooperative Agreement Conference (U13) applications from current Extramural Associates Research Development Award (EARDA) awardees to conduct health disparities-related meetings, workshops and symposia. The objectives of these meetings will be to establish academic-community partnerships, identify community research priorities, and develop long-term research agenda. Areas of focus for these partnerships may include one or more of the following community health issues: infant mortality; violence prevention; childhood, adolescent, and/or adult obesity; literacy; fibroid tumors; pediatric and maternal HIV/AIDS prevention; and/or techniques for outreach and information dissemination. Applicants for this U13 program are expected to propose a series of meetings/workshops/symposia designed to: (1) define the targeted community; (2) establish partnerships between academic institutions and the local community, including but not limited to schools and school communities; (3) identify the community s views of its health problems; and (4) develop a research agenda aligning the community s identified health problems and the EARDA institution s research priorities.
|Federal Grant Title:||Limited Competition for the Academic-Community Partnership Conference Series (U13)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-08-106|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Child Health and Human Development Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 17, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Mar 13, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Mar 13, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Jul 18, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) City or township governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Special district governments County governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Small businesses Private institutions of higher education Independent school districts
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R03 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Human-Animal Interaction (HAI) Research (R21 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Womens Reproductive Health Research (WRHR) Career Development Program (K12 Clinical Trial ...
- • Non-invasive Diagnostics to Improve Gynecologic Health (R43/R44 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • Phase II Small Business Technology Transfer Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Phase II Small Business Innovation Research Renewal Awards for Device Assessment or Precli...
- • Reproductive Genetics and Epigenetics
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...