Local Food Producer Outreach, Education, and Training to Enhance Food Safety and FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Compliance (U01)
The summary for the Local Food Producer Outreach, Education, and Training to Enhance Food Safety and FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Compliance (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Food Drug Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Local Food Producer Outreach, Education, and Training to Enhance Food Safety and FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Compliance (U01): FDA announces the availability of funding and requests applications for Local Food Producer Outreach, Education, and Training for the purpose of enhancing Food Safety and FSMA Compliance in fiscal year (FY) 2016. Projects will research and identify training, outreach and education and technical assistance needs, deliver outreach and training, and develop and adapt materials that facilitate the integration and understanding of federal food safety regulations and guidance among owners and operators of small and mid-size farms and businesses involved in local food production and processing, while taking into account diversified, sustainable, organic and identity-preserved agricultural production and processing practices.
|Federal Grant Title:||Local Food Producer Outreach, Education, and Training to Enhance Food Safety and FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Compliance (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Food Drug Administration|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Consumer Protection Food and Nutrition|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-FD-16-002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Food and Drug Administration_Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 21, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 21, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Jan 29, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Jan 29, 2016|
|Archive Date:||May 21, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Special district governments
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
City or township governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligibility is limited to the following: Community-Based Organizations, Grassroots Organizations that advance the sustainability of agriculture, food systems, natural resources, and rural communities, State Governments, County Governments, City or Township Governments, Special District Governments, Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Federally Recognized), Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized), Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government, U.S. Territory or Possession
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Full Announcement of RFA-FD-16-002
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Lisa Ko
Grants Management Officer
Food & Drug Administration 301-443-5869
- Similar Government Grants
- • FDA Support for Conferences and Scientific Meetings (R13 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Drug Development Tools Research Grants (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Rare Disease Clinical Outcome Assessment Consortium (U01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Cigar Tobacco Reference Products Program (UC2) Clinical Trials Not Allowed
- • Implementation of U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act - Identifying, Researching, and Imple...
- • Support for Small Scientific Conference Grant Program
- • Cooperative Agreement to Support the World Health Organization (WHO) International Program...
- • Clinical Studies of Safety and Effectiveness of Orphan Products
- More Grants from the Food Drug Administration
- • NARMS Cooperative Agreement Program to Enhance and Strengthen Antibiotic Resistance Survei...
- • Cooperative Agreement to Support Shellfish Safety Assistance Project (U01)
- • Native American Tribes Outreach, Education, and Training to Enhance Food Safety and FSMA C...
- • National Training, Education, Extension, Outreach, and Technical Assistance Competitive Gr...
- • Evaluating Quality Metrics for Risk-Based Surveillance of Drug Manufacturing Operations an...