Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project
The summary for the Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project: The BLM is entering into this agreement for the purpose of noxious weed inventories, treatments, and restoration of sites on public land in Wallowa and Asotin Counties, in conjunction with similar actions on other lands within the two counties. This will allow for a seamless approach to a problem shared by state, and private land owners and the BLM. Restoration of certain weed sites will also be part of this project.
|Federal Grant Title:||Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OR-NOI08-0005|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Invasive and Noxious Plant Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 05, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 05, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Aug 28, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Aug 28, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Oct 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$225,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$225,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- BLM has had a long history of interacting with Tri-County CWMA and has been involved since it's conception. Staff from Tri-County and Wallowa Resources, who is providing the project coordinator, are familiar with the noxious weeds of Wallowa County and their coordination abilities with all other parties is such that no other entity can coordinate effective weed treatments with the skill that Tri-County CWMA does. If another group were to be awarded this agreement it would significantly increase the costs for weed treatments and increase BLM needed oversight.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pamella Sterling Contract Specialist Phone 503-808-6221
Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • BLM CA King Range National Conservation Area Invasive Weed Eradication
- • BLM Nevada Noxious and Invasive Weed Treatment, Inventory and Monitoring Project Ely Distr...
- • BLM NM Pecos District Integrated Restoration Focal Area Initiative
- • BLM Idaho Noxious Weed Control Program
- • BLM CA Cooperative Integrated Noxious Weed Management Program
- • Northeast Oregon Noxious Weed Project
- • Northwest Weed Management Partnership
- • Noxious Weed Eradication in Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Research Innovation (GRIN) Announcement (1 Task...
- • Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Announcement (6 Task Statements)
- • BLM-Idaho Shoshone-Paiute Tribes Youth Project - Development and Collection of Native Plan...
- • BLM-Idaho Shoshone-Paiute Cultural Resource Protection Plan
- • BLM WY Greater Sage Grouse Geophagy CESU