Molecular Therapy Core Centers
The summary for the Molecular Therapy Core Centers grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Molecular Therapy Core Centers: The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) invites applications for Core Center Grants to support molecular therapy research to develop treatments for cystic fibrosis and other genetic diseases of interest to NIDDK. Core Centers will provide shared resources to enhance the efficiency of research and foster collaborations within and among institutions with strong existing base of research relevant to gene transfer and gene correction technologies. Centers will also support a Pilot and Feasibility Program and an Educational Enrichment Program. This program is intended to foster research toward the goal of developing molecular therapies for the treatment of cystic fibrosis. Therefore, applicants should propose a central focus on molecular therapy for cystic fibrosis. Centers should also have a focus on development of new approaches for gene transfer and achieving gene correction. Many common principles are involved in the development of safe methods for targeting and achieving long- term expression of therapeutic genes for most genetic disease. Therefore, Core Center resources may also be made available to scientists developing gene therapy and gene correction approaches for genetic endocrine, metabolic, digestive, liver, kidney, urologic, and hematologic diseases.
|Federal Grant Title:||Molecular Therapy Core Centers|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-02-034|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 13, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Sep 16, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Mar 15, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Mar 15, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Silvio O. Conte Digestive Diseases Research Core Centers (P30)
- • Limited Competition: Continuation of the Preventing Early Renal Loss in Diabetes (PERL) St...
- • APOL1 Long-term Kidney Transplantation Outcomes Network Scientific and Data Research Cente...
- • Coordinating Unit for Diabetic Complications Consortium (U24)
- • Coordinating Unit for the Mouse Metabolic Phenotyping Centers (U24)
- • Proteomic and Metabolomic Approaches to Diagnose Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- • Pilot and Feasibility Program in Human Islet Biology
- • Diabetes Endocrinology Research Centers
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • BRAIN Initiative: Exploratory Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - eTargetedBCP (R21)
- • BRAIN Initiative: Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - TargetedBCP (R01)
- • Tools for Clinical Care and Management of Alzheimers Disease (AD) and its Comorbidities (R...
- • Tools for Clinical Care and Management of Alzheimers Disease (AD) and Its Comorbidities (R...
- • Advancing Research on Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and Alzheimer's-Disease-Related Dementias (...