Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (K01)
The summary for the Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (K01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (K01): Purpose. The goal of the NIOSH Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (K01) is to help ensure the availability of adequate numbers of highly trained scientists to address occupational health and safety and to provide new occupational health and safety scientists and educators with appropriate mentoring. The purpose of the K01 is to provide support and 75% "protected time" for an intensive, supervised career development experience in occupational health and safety research leading to research independence.
|Federal Grant Title:||Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (K01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-10-132|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Occupational Safety and Health Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 08, 2010 Relea|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 08, 2010 Relea|
|Posted Date:||Mar 30, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Mar 30, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jun 07, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||75|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Institutions The following organizations/institutions are eligible to apply: For-profit organizations Non-profit organizations Public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories Units of State government Units of local government Eligible institutions of the Federal government Domestic institutions Faith-based or community-based organizations Indian/Native American Tribal Government (Federally Recognized); Indian/Native American Tribal Government (Other than Federally Recognized); and Indian/Native American Tribally Designated Organization Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Eligible Individuals Any individual(s) with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research as the PD/PI is invited to work with his/her organization to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for HHS/CDC support. Project Director/Principal Investigator (PD/PI): Also referred to as the Candidate, individuals with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research and career development activities are invited to work with their mentor and sponsoring institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds are always encouraged to apply for HHS/CDC support.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- CDC Procurement and Grants Office TIMS Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Mesothelioma Virtual Bank for Translational Research (U24)
- • NIOSH Support for Conferences and Scientific Meetings (R13)
- • NIOSH Support for Conferences and Scientific Meetings (U13)
- • Assessment of Elastomeric Respirators in Healthcare Environments (R21)
- • Center of Excellence to Promote a Healthier Workforce (U19)
- • Career Development Grants in Occupational Safety and Health Research (K01)
- • World Trade Center Health Consortium
- • Mining Safety and Health Training and Translation Center
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Supporting Laboratory Diagnosis and Monitoring to Scale up a...