Methodology And Measurement In The Behavioral And Social Sciences (R03)
The summary for the Methodology And Measurement In The Behavioral And Social Sciences (R03) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Methodology And Measurement In The Behavioral And Social Sciences (R03): - The goal of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to encourage research that will improve the quality and scientific power of data collected in the behavioral and social sciences, relevant to the missions of the participating NIH Institutes and Centers.-The participating Institutes and Centers invite qualified researchers to submit research grant applications aimed at improving and developing methodology and measurement in the behavioral and social sciences through innovations in research design, data collection techniques, measurement, and data analysis techniques.-Research that addresses methodology and measurement issues in diverse populations, issues in studying sensitive behaviors, issues of ethics in research, issues related to confidential data and the protection of research subjects, and issues in developing interdisciplinary, multimethod, and multilevel approaches to behavioral and social science research is particularly encouraged, as are approaches that integrate behavioral and social science research with biological, physical, or computational science research or engineering.-This funding opportunity will utilize the R03 mechanism, but will be run in parallel with FOAs of identical scientific scope that will utilize the traditional research project grant (R01) or competitive supplements to R01, R37, U01 or P01 projects (PA 05-090) or which will utilize the exploratory/developmental (R21) grant mechanism (PA 06-343).-Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.-The R03 is intended to support small research projects that can be carried out in a short period of time with limited resources. The R03 is not renewable.-Budget and Project Period: Budgets for direct costs up to $50,000 per year and a project duration of up to two years may be requested for a maximum of $100,000 direct costs over a two-year project period.-Eligible organizations: For-profit and not-for-profit, public or private organizations, units of state and local governments, eligible agencies of the Federal Government, domestic or foreign institutions/organizations, faith-based or community-based organizations, Indian/Native American Tribal Government (Federally Recognized); Indian/Native American Tribal Government (Other than Federally Recognized); and Indian/Native American Tribally Designated Organization.-Eligible Project Directors/Principal Investigators (PDs/PIs): Individuals with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research are invited to work with their institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.-Applicants may submit more than one application, provided they are scientifically distinct.
|Federal Grant Title:||Methodology And Measurement In The Behavioral And Social Sciences (R03)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Environment Income Security and Social Services Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-344|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Biometry and Risk Estimation_Health Risks from Environmental Exposures 93.173 Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Apr 14, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Apr 14, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Jun 01, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.213 -- Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Independent school districts For profit organizations other than small businesses Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education State governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education County governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Special district governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) City or township governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations Indian/Native American Tribal Government (Federally Recognized) Indian/Native American Tribal Government (Other than Federally Recognized) Indian/Native American Tribally Designated Organization.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...