Muscular Dystrophy: Pathogenesis and Therapies (R01)
The summary for the Muscular Dystrophy: Pathogenesis and Therapies (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Muscular Dystrophy: Pathogenesis and Therapies (R01): -Purpose. The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) encourage investigator-initiated research grant applications for projects studying pathogenesis and therapies for the muscular dystrophies. Responses to this announcement may include basic, translational or patient-oriented studies of Duchenne/Becker muscular dystrophy, facioscapulohumeral dystrophy, myotonic dystrophy or other forms of muscular dystrophy. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the R01 grant mechanism and runs in parallel with an FOA of identical scientific scope, PA-06-508, that solicits applications under the R21 mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications selected for award.
|Federal Grant Title:||Muscular Dystrophy: Pathogenesis and Therapies (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-07-125|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Heart and Vascular Diseases Research 93.838 Lung Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Dec 12, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 12, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 02, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.846 -- Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Special district governments State governments Independent school districts Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses City or township governments Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities County governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...