NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Award to Promote Diversity (K08)
The summary for the NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Award to Promote Diversity (K08) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Award to Promote Diversity (K08): The Comprehensive Minority Biomedical Branch (CMBB), Office of Centers, Training and Resources (OCTR), National Cancer Institute (NCI), announces the availability of Mentored Clinical Scientist Awards to Promote Diversity for career development of individuals from groups that have been shown to be underrepresented in health-related science who have obtained health professional doctoral degrees (e.g., M.D., D.D.S., D.O., O.D., D.V.M., D.N.Sc., N.D., Pharm.D.). This award provides specialized study for those who are committed to a career in laboratory or field-based cancer research (not patient-oriented research).
|Federal Grant Title:||NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Award to Promote Diversity (K08)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-06-221|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Research Manpower|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2009 Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to|
|Posted Date:||Mar 08, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 18, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 18, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Foreign institutions and organizations are not eligible to apply for this award. The institution must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the development of the research careers of junior underrepresented minority health professionals in biomedical cancer research.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Informatics Technology for Cancer Research Education Center (UE5 Clinical Trials Not Allow...
- • The NCI Predoctoral to Postdoctoral Fellow Transition Award (F99/K00)
- • Paul Calabresi Career Development Award for Clinical Oncology (K12 Clinical Trial Optional...
- • NCI Awardee Skills Development Consortium: Program Logistics and Evaluation Coordinating C...
- • NCI Awardee Skills Development Consortium: Research Education Short Courses (UE5 Clinical ...
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity
- • Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program
- • Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral and Population Sciences Career Development Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...