NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Award to Promote Diversity (K08)
The summary for the NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Award to Promote Diversity (K08) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Award to Promote Diversity (K08): The Comprehensive Minority Biomedical Branch (CMBB), Office of Centers, Training and Resources (OCTR), National Cancer Institute (NCI), announces the availability of Mentored Clinical Scientist Awards to Promote Diversity for career development of individuals from groups that have been shown to be underrepresented in health-related science who have obtained health professional doctoral degrees (e.g., M.D., D.D.S., D.O., O.D., D.V.M., D.N.Sc., N.D., Pharm.D.). This award provides specialized study for those who are committed to a career in laboratory or field-based cancer research (not patient-oriented research).
|Federal Grant Title:||NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Award to Promote Diversity (K08)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-06-221|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Research Manpower|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2009 Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to|
|Posted Date:||Mar 08, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Dec 18, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 18, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public and State controlled institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Foreign institutions and organizations are not eligible to apply for this award. The institution must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the development of the research careers of junior underrepresented minority health professionals in biomedical cancer research.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) (K01)
- • NCI Mentored Research Scientist Development Award to Promote Diversity (K01)
- • NCI Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K23)
- • NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K0...
- • Feasibility Studies to Build Collaborative Partnerships in Cancer Research (P20)
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity
- • Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program
- • Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral and Population Sciences Career Development Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition: Renewal of the Longevity Consortium (U19)
- • Aging Research Dissertation Awards to Increase Diversity (R36)
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) Comprehensive Center on Mouse Brain Cell Atla...
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) Brain Cell Data Center (U24)
- • BRAIN Initiative Cell Census Network (BICCN) - Specialized Center on Mouse Brain Cell Atla...