NCI Mentored Research Scientist Development Award to Promote Diversity (K01)
The summary for the NCI Mentored Research Scientist Development Award to Promote Diversity (K01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NCI Mentored Research Scientist Development Award to Promote Diversity (K01): Purpose: The purpose of the NIH Mentored Research Scientist Development Award (K01) is to provide support and protected time (three, four, or five years) for an intensive, supervised career development experience in the biomedical, behavioral, or clinical sciences leading to research independence. Awards are not renewable and they are not transferable from one principal investigator (PI) to another. The Diversity Training Branch (DTB) and the Center to Reduce Cancer Health Disparities (CRCHD), at the National Cancer Institute (NCI), invite career development award applications (K01) from individuals representative of groups that have been shown to be underrepresented in health-related science, who have been recipients of an NIH Research Supplement to Promote Diversity Award, any Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (individual F31/F32 or institutional T32), or can demonstrate that they have been supported in a mentored capacity within any research grant equivalent to an NIH peer-reviewed research grant (e.g., American Cancer Society [ACS] research grant). The overarching goal of this FOA is to diversify and expand the pool of independent and talented cancer research investigators.
|Federal Grant Title:||NCI Mentored Research Scientist Development Award to Promote Diversity (K01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-09-052|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Research Manpower|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 07, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Dec 16, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 16, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Feb 07, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) (K01)
- • NCI Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K23)
- • NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K0...
- • Feasibility Studies to Build Collaborative Partnerships in Cancer Research (P20)
- • Cancer Research Education Grants Program - Curriculum or Methods Development (R25)
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity
- • Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program
- • Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral and Population Sciences Career Development Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Clarifying the Relationship between Delirium and Alzheimers Disease and Related Dementias ...
- • Multimorbidity in Alzheimers Disease Impacts Choice of Ancillary Treatments (R21/R33)
- • Pilot Clinical Trials in Pediatric Chronic Kidney Disease Participating Clinical Centers (...
- • Platform Delivery Technologies for Nucleic Acid Therapeutics (R41/R42)
- • Comparative Biology of Neurodegeneration (R21)