NEI Translational Research Program on Therapy for Visual Disorders (R24)
The summary for the NEI Translational Research Program on Therapy for Visual Disorders (R24) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NEI Translational Research Program on Therapy for Visual Disorders (R24): Purpose. The National Eye Institute (NEI) supports multidisciplinary research focusing on the development of novel biological therapies for visual diseases and disorders. The translation of research findings into clinical application often requires a comprehensive and integrated team approach. NEI is making resources available to scientists from several disciplines to form research teams to tackle therapeutic problems that may be beyond the capabilities of any one research group Mechanism of Support. This FOA will use the National Institutes of Health (NIH) R24 Research Resources Grant award mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and numbers of awards will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the number, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||NEI Translational Research Program on Therapy for Visual Disorders (R24)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-09-035|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Vision Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jan 25, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jan 25, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Dec 10, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 10, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Feb 25, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,250,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • NEI Research Grant for Vision-Related Secondary Data Analysis (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allo...
- • NEI Clinical Research Study Planning Grant Program (R34 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Limited Competition: NEI - DOD Vision Research Collaborative (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allow...
- • NEI Audacious Goals Initiative: Preliminary Studies for Translation-Enabling Models of the...
- • U.S. - India Collaborative Vision Research Program (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Nei Career Transition Award (K22)
- • NEI Translational Research Program On Therapy For Visual Disorders
- • NEI Clinical Study Planning Grant Program (R34)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...