NGO Projects for Afghan Refugees and Returnees
The summary for the NGO Projects for Afghan Refugees and Returnees grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NGO Projects for Afghan Refugees and Returnees: The following guidelines are issued specifically for proposals for projects designed to benefit Afghans.OVERVIEW: PRM is soliciting proposals from non-governmental organizations (NGOs) for humanitarian projects benefiting Afghan refugees and returnees. Proposals must be received by PRM no later than April 14, 2006. Proposals received after this date will not be considered. BACKGROUND: PRMs central mandate is to provide assistance to refugees and returnees. As in past years, PRM generally supports activities in the areas of: shelter rehabilitation and repair; water and sanitation systems rehabilitation and repair; basic and maternal/child healthcare; supplemental feeding and nutritional programs; primary education, including school construction or rehabilitation, teacher training, provision of materials and equipment; and sustainable livelihoods.PROPOSAL FOCUS AND GUIDANCE: PRM is interested in innovative NGO proposals addressing the long-term needs of Afghan refugees and returnees as well as their host communities. Within the general areas noted above, PRM is particularly interested in projects that (1) include clear and effective plans for moving from relief to reconstruction; (2) anchor returnees in Afghanistan and enable communities to support those who have returned home and build capacity to absorb additional returnees; (3) have a cross-border component, where refugees identified in countries of asylum are assisted in returning to Afghanistan; (4) find creative and efficient means of providing continued access to essential services such as healthcare and education in countries of asylum; (5) explicitly address the needs of women and girls, and (6) build capacity within governments, local institutions, and host communities.NGOs are encouraged to propose programs that include a mix of elements. PRM will consider a broad range of NGO activities, but priority will be given to programs that include one or more of the elements from the above categories. It is important to have an effective and practicable exit strategy as it is unlikely that follow-on funding will be available.
|Federal Grant Title:||NGO Projects for Afghan Refugees and Returnees|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration|
|Grant Categories:||Health Food and Nutrition Housing Education Employment Labor and Training|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PRMANE-06-CA-004-ANE-022706|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Overseas Refugee Assistance Programs for Near East and South Asia|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 14, 2006|
|Posted Date:||Feb 27, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Nov 06, 2006|
|Archive Date:||May 14, 2006|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$2,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Martha Amlin
Phone 202-663-1037 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Similar Government Grants
- • FY 2016 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting refugees and other vulne...
- • FY 2016 Request for Concept Notes for NGO Programs Benefiting Benefitting Refugees and Oth...
- • FY2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefitting Tibetan Refugees in Sout...
- • FY 2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting Sri Lankan refugees and ...
- • FY 2015 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO programs benefiting Afghan Returnees and ...
- • Shelter for Afghan Returnees in Support of the Government of Afghanistan's Land Distributi...
- • FY 2006 Assistance to Iraqi Returnees and Refugees
- • Assistance to returnees in central and southern Iraq
- More Grants from the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration
- • FY 2015 Funding Opportunity Announcement for Reception and Placement Program
- • FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO programs benefiting refugees in Uganda, D...
- • FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO programs benefiting refugees in South Sud...
- • FY 2015 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO Programs Benefiting Nigerian Refugees in Nig...
- • FY 2016 Notice of Funding Opportunity for NGO programs benefiting displaced and conflict-a...