NHLBI Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium (U01)
The summary for the NHLBI Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NHLBI Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium (U01): -Purpose. The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) invite applications to participate in a new NHLBI Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium, a cooperative investigative group that will conduct clinical and translational research on the genetic causes of congenital heart disease and genetic contributions to outcome in individuals with congenital heart disease. The purpose of this initiative is to support collaborative genetic and genomic research leading to a comprehensive understanding of the causes and outcomes of congenital heart disease in the human population. The Consortium will consist of up to 6 Research Centers, Cores, and a Steering Committee. Research Center applicants will propose detailed investigation of the genetics and genomics of one or more human cardiac malformations, with the goal of identifying genetic influences on outcome, as well as causative genes. Individual Research Centers will collaborate in recruitment of individuals with congenital heart disease and their families for all Research Center projects. This Consortium is part of a new NHLBI translational program in pediatric cardiovascular disease, which includes the companion NHLBI Cardiac Development Consortium (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-HL-09-002.html), and Administrative Coordinating Center for both Consortia (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-HL-09-011.html). These consortia will interact with each other and with the NHLBI Pediatric Heart Network (www.PediatricHeartNetwork.com) to encourage translation of results from basic science to clinical research, and to provide clinical input on pressing needs for basic research. -Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the Research Project Cooperative Agreement (U01) mechanism of support. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NHLBI intends to commit approximately $1,440,000 total costs for FY2009. The total amount to be awarded for the Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium will be a maximum of $25,440,000 total costs for the six-year project period. It is anticipated that up to 6 research centers will be awarded.
|Federal Grant Title:||NHLBI Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-HL-09-003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Heart and Vascular Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 06, 2009|
|Posted Date:||Oct 14, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Dec 04, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses State governments Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Bench to Bassinet Program Administrative Coordinating Center (U01 - Clinical Trial Not All...
- • Pediatric Cardiac Genomics Consortium (U01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Cardiovascular Developmental Biology Data Resource Center (U01 - Clinical Trial Not Allowe...
- • Senator Paul D. Wellstone Muscular Dystrophy Specialized Research Centers (MDSRC) (P50)
- • Disparities Elimination through Coordinated Interventions to Prevent and Control Heart and...
- • The Relationship Between Hypertension and Inflammation
- • Community-Responsive Interventions to Reduce Cardiovascular Risk in American Indians and A...
- • Weight Loss in Obese Adults with Cardiovascular Risk Factors: Clinical Interventions (U01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...