NIAMS Small Grant Program For New Investigators (R03)
The summary for the NIAMS Small Grant Program For New Investigators (R03) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIAMS Small Grant Program For New Investigators (R03): -The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) is seeking small grant (R03) applications to stimulate and facilitate the entry of promising new investigators into research on arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases and injuries. This solicitation will provide support for pilot research that is likely to lead to a subsequent individual research project grant (R01). -The Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) will use the R03 grant mechanism. -The R03 is not renewable. -Eligible Organizations: For profit or non-profit organizations, public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories, units of State and local government, eligible agencies of the Federal government, domestic institutions/organizations, faith-based or community-based organizations, Indian/Native American Tribal government (Federally recognized); Indian/Native American Tribal government (other than Federally recognized); and Indian/Native American Tribally Designated Organization. -Budget and Project Period. Applicants may request up to $50,000 (direct costs) per year. The total project period for an application submitted in response to this FOA may not exceed three years. -Eligible Project Directors/Principal Investigators (PDs/PIs): Any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research is invited to work with their institution to develop an application for support. -Individuals with no previous grant support or former and current recipients of Academic Research Enhancement Awards (AREA) (R15), Mentored Career Development Awards (K01, K08 and K23), Shannon Awards (R55), or Individual (F32) or Institutional (T32) National Research Service Award (NRSA) training support, dependent upon the status of other support for the project, are eligible to apply. Any current support by the F32 or T32 mechanisms must terminate before Small Grant support begins. Grants awarded through this PA may not be used to support thesis or dissertation research. Current and previous recipients of NIH funding through Research Project Grants (R01), FIRST (R29) awards or any non-mentored career development award mechanism are ineligible for this Small Grants Program. Principal Investigators of research subprojects of Research Program Projects (P01) and Centers (P50 and P60) and individuals who have received research support in arthritis, musculoskeletal or skin research from the National Science Foundation (NSF) or Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) as Principal Investigators are also ineligible. -Applicants may not submit more than one R03 application to the NIAMS in any review cycle. The NIAMS will not award a new R03 grant if the project period of the new grant would overlap with the project period of a previously awarded NIAMS R03 grant. In addition, the NIAMS will not accept an R03 application from a PD/PIs who has held two previous NIAMS R03s. Application renewals/competitive continuation applications or supplements to existing R03 projects will not be accepted. -Investigators who have questions about eligibility should contact the program official listed under Inquiries. -It is anticipated that approximately $1,500,000 (total costs) will be available for the first year of support for this funding opportunity announcement (FOA). It is anticipated that a total of up to 15 to 20 new grants will be awarded each fiscal year under this program. Awards are contingent on the availability of appropriated funds and on the receipt of sufficiently meritorious applications meeting the stated eligibility requirements.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIAMS Small Grant Program For New Investigators (R03)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-06-383|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||May 02, 2006|
|Creation Date:||May 02, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Nov 23, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$50,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1500000|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Private institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education State governments Independent school districts Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) County governments Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) City or township governments Special district governments
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are not eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • Small Business Innovation Research on Rare Musculoskeletal, Rheumatic and Skin Diseases (S...
- • Mechanistic Ancillary Studies to Ongoing Clinical Projects (R21 Clinical Trial Not Allowed...
- • Mechanistic Ancillary Studies to Ongoing Clinical Projects (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed...
- • Limited Competition: Small Grant Program for NIAMS K08 and K23 Recipients (R03)
- • Supplements to Advance Research (STAR) from Projects to Programs (Admin Supp)- Clinical Tr...
- • Collaborative Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases Science Award (Camssa)
- • Niams Small Grant Program for New Investigators
- • Skin Diseases Research Core Centers
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...