NIDCD Research On Hearing Health Care (R21/R33)
The summary for the NIDCD Research On Hearing Health Care (R21/R33) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIDCD Research On Hearing Health Care (R21/R33): This funding opportunity announcement (FOA) issued by National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD) invites Exploratory/Developmental Phased Innovation (R21/R33) grant applications to support research and/or infrastructure needs leading to more accessible and affordable hearing health care (HHC). For the purposes of the working group and this FOA, hearing health care includes assessment (including screening) and nonmedical treatment and rehabilitation of HL, including hearing aid selection and fitting and aural rehabilitation (counseling, auditory training). The proposed research aims should lead to the delivery of better healthcare access and outcomes and be directed to solutions that are effective, affordable and deliverable to those who need them. Outcomes research and health services research related to accessible and affordable hearing health care are also responsive to this FOA. This FOA provides support for up to two years (R21 phase) for preliminary /development studies, followed by possible transition of up to four years of expanded research and development support (R33 phase). The total project period for an application submitted in response to this FOA may not exceed five years. This FOA requires measurable R21 milestones.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIDCD Research On Hearing Health Care (R21/R33)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DC-12-003|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||Feb 28, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 28, 2013|
|Posted Date:||May 19, 2011|
|Creation Date:||May 19, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Mar 31, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$275,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Foreign (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Improving Outcomes for Disorders of Human Communication (R21)
- • Improving Outcomes for Disorders of Human Communication (R01)
- • Reducing Health Disparities Among Minority and Underserved Children (R01)
- • Reducing Health Disparities Among Minority and Underserved Children (R21)
- • BRAIN Initiative: Exploratory Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - eTargetedBCP (R21)
- • NIDCD Patient-Oriented Research Grant (R21)
- • Cell Lineage and Developmental Studies in Hearing and Balance
- • Structural Analyses of the Ligand-Binding Properties of Taste and Smell Receptors
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)