NIH Clinical Trial Planning Grant Program (R34)
The summary for the NIH Clinical Trial Planning Grant Program (R34) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NIH Clinical Trial Planning Grant Program (R34): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites applications under the NIH Clinical Trial Planning Grant Program, the purpose of which is to provide support for the development of a Phase III clinical trial. This includes the establishment of the research team, the development of tools for data management and oversight of the research, the definition of recruitment strategies, and the finalization of the protocol and other essential elements of the study included in a manual of operations/procedures. The Clinical Trial Planning Grant is not designed for the collection of preliminary data or the conduct of pilot studies to support the rationale for a clinical trial. -All investigator-initiated grant applications described in this FOA will be assigned to NIH Institutes and Centers (ICs) according to standard Public Health Service (PHS) referral guidelines and specific program interests. -This FOA will use the Clinical Trial Planning Grant (R34) mechanism. -Special Research Interests: Investigators are strongly encouraged to consult the list of participating ICs and special research interests. See http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/contacts/pa-06-363_contacts.htm See also the NIH R34 Web site at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/r34.htm. -Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. -Project Period and Award Levels: The total project period for an application submitted in response to this funding opportunity is one year. Direct costs of up to $100,000 may be requested for the one-year period -Renewal (formerly competing continuation or Type 2 ) applications are not permitted. -Eligible Organizations: For profit organizations; Non-profit organizations; Public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals and laboratories; Units of State government; Units of local government; Eligible agencies of the Federal government; Domestic institutions/organizations; Foreign institutions/organizations; Faith-based or community-based organizations; Indian/Native American Tribal government (Federally recognized); Indian/Native American Tribal government (other than Federally recognized); and Indian/Native American Tribally Designated Organization. -Eligible Project Directors/Principal Investigators (PDs/PIs): Any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research is invited to work with his/her institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support. -Applicants may submit more than one application, provided each application is scientifically distinct.
|Federal Grant Title:||NIH Clinical Trial Planning Grant Program (R34)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services Health Employment Labor and Training Education|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-06-363|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Research Related to Deafness and Communication Disorders 93.209 Contraception and Infertility Research Loan Repayment Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Apr 20, 2006|
|Creation Date:||Apr 21, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.213 -- Research and Training in Complementary and Alternative Medicine|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Special district governments State governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities County governments Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses City or township governments Independent school districts
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering Pediatric New Therapeutic Uses f...
- • Environmental influences on Placental Origins of Development (ePOD) (R01)
- • Limited Competition for NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Pre-application for the NIH-Industry Program: Discovering New Therapeutic Uses for Existin...
- • Early Phase Clinical Trials in Imaging and Image-Guided Interventions (R01)