NINDS CREATE Bio Discovery Track: Optimization in Preparation for Development of Biotechnology Products and Biologics (U01)
The summary for the NINDS CREATE Bio Discovery Track: Optimization in Preparation for Development of Biotechnology Products and Biologics (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NINDS CREATE Bio Discovery Track: Optimization in Preparation for Development of Biotechnology Products and Biologics (U01): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is dedicated to the discovery of therapeutic Biotechnology Products and Biologics (e.g., peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides, gene therapies, and cell therapies) for disorders that fall under the NINDS mission. It supports the optimization of therapeutic lead(s) showing convincing proof-of-concept. At the end of the funding period, projects that successfully advance through support from this program will have identified a optimized candidate, which has sufficient bioactivity, stability, manufacturability, bioavailability, in vivo efficacy and/or target engagement, and other favorable properties that are consistent with the desired clinical application, and will be ready for entry into the CREATE Bio Development track for further development to enable filing for an Investigational New Drug (IND).
|Federal Grant Title:||NINDS CREATE Bio Discovery Track: Optimization in Preparation for Development of Biotechnology Products and Biologics (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-14-286|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 7, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 7, 2017|
|Posted Date:||Jul 18, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Jul 18, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Jun 7, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
Independent school districts
Private institutions of higher education
Special district governments
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
City or township governments
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following:
Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply.
Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- Similar Government Grants
- • NINDS Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) for Training of Postdocto...
- • Peripheral Pathology in the Lewy Body Dementias (R01 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Mechanistic Basis of TDP-43-dependent Pathobiology in Common Dementias (R01 Clinical Trial...
- • The NINDS Human Cell and Data Repository (U24 - Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Discovery of Biomarkers and Biomarker Signatures for Neurological and Neuromuscular Disord...
- • NINDS Cooperative Small Business Awards In Translational Research (SBIR/U44)
- • NINDS Institutional Center Core Grants to Support Neuroscience Research
- • Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...