NINDS Cooperative Program in Translational Research
The summary for the NINDS Cooperative Program in Translational Research grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NINDS Cooperative Program in Translational Research: - The goal of this PA is to implement a program of cooperative agreements that will support milestone-driven projects focused on the identification and pre-clinical testing of new therapeutics. The program will facilitate the effective review and research administration of translational research projects and will accelerate the translation of discoveries in basic research to treatment in the clinic. - Only Aims required for therapy development can be supported in this program. No basic/mechanistic Aims may be included in the research plan. - There is no specific limit on the total funds that will be awarded under this PA or on the number of awards. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the quality, duration, and costs of the applications received. - This funding opportunity will use the U01, U54, and U24 cooperative agreement award mechanisms. The total project period for an application submitted in response to this PA may not exceed five years. - For-profit organizations, non-profit organizations, public or private institutions, such as universities, colleges, hospitals, and laboratories, units of State government, units of local government, eligible agencies of the federal government, foreign institutions, domestic institutions, State or local Tribal governments, and faith-based or community-based organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign applicants under this PA are not eligible for the U54 or U24 mechanisms. - Any individual with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research is invited to work with their institution to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH programs. - Applicants may submit more than one application, provided they are scientifically distinct. - See Section IV.1 for application materials. - Telecommunications for the hearing impaired is available at: TTY 301-451-0088
|Federal Grant Title:||NINDS Cooperative Program in Translational Research|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-05-158|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Extramural Research Programs in the Neurosciences and Neurological Disorders|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Sep 06, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Sep 06, 2005|
|Archive Date:||Oct 02, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal Government are eligible to apply. Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Foreign applicants under this PA are not eligible for the U54 or U24 mechanisms.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV NIH OER Webmaster
- Similar Government Grants
- • NINDS Exploratory Clinical Trials (R01)
- • NINDS Efficacy Clinical Trials (U01)
- • Frontotemporal Degeneration FTD Sequencing Consortium: Discovery, replication and validati...
- • Leveraging Existing Resources for Research on Lewy Body Dementia (R03)
- • Common Mechanisms and Interactions Among Neurodegenerative Diseases (R01)
- • NINDS Cooperative Small Business Awards In Translational Research (SBIR/U44)
- • NINDS Institutional Center Core Grants to Support Neuroscience Research
- • Career Development Award to Promote Diversity in Neuroscience Research
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Basic Mechanisms of Brain Development Mediating Substance Use and Dependence (R01)
- • Discovering Novel Targets: The Molecular Genetics of Drug Addiction and Related Co-Morbidi...
- • NINDS Exploratory Clinical Trials (R01)
- • Reducing Overscreening for Breast, Cervical, and Colorectal Cancers among Older Adults (R0...
- • Targeted basic behavioral and social science and intervention development for HIV preventi...