NLM Institutional Grants for Research Training in Biomedical Informatics and Data Science (T15)
The summary for the NLM Institutional Grants for Research Training in Biomedical Informatics and Data Science (T15) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
NLM Institutional Grants for Research Training in Biomedical Informatics and Data Science (T15): This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites training grant applications for support of predoctoral and postdoctoral training for research careers in biomedical informatics and data science. Applications may be for the creation of entirely new programs or for the renewal of active NLM T15 training grants. Such training helps meet the growing need for investigators trained in biomedical computing, data science and related information fields as they directly relate to application domains in health and biomedicine, including health care delivery, basic biomedical research, clinical and translational research, public health and similar areas.
|Federal Grant Title:||NLM Institutional Grants for Research Training in Biomedical Informatics and Data Science (T15)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Environment Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-LM-16-001|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||93.113, 93.879|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health; Medical Library Assistance|
|Current Application Deadline:||Apr 18, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Apr 18, 2016|
|Posted Date:||Feb 18, 2016|
|Creation Date:||Feb 18, 2016|
|Archive Date:||May 19, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$14,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||none|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Special district governments
City or township governments
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
Private institutions of higher education
Independent school districts
Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are not eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are not eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are not allowed.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
National Institutes of Health 301-496-3405
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...