Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in Biology and Medicine (R21)
The summary for the Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in Biology and Medicine (R21) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in Biology and Medicine (R21): -This funding opportunity (FOA) is aimed at enhancing nanoscience and nanotechnology research focused on problems in biology and medicine. Nanoscience and nanotechnology refer to research and development on the understanding and control of matter at a length scale of approximately 1 - 100 nanometers, where novel properties and functions occur because of the size. -A major challenge facing medicine is to develop novel and more sophisticated approaches for the diagnosis, treatment and management of an array of diseases and traumatic injuries. Nanotechnology and nanoscience have the capacity to drive a new wave of medical innovation through the engineering of bioactive nanoscale structures, processes and systems based on the advancement of our understanding of biology at the nanoscale.
|Federal Grant Title:||Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in Biology and Medicine (R21)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Environment Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-07-271|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Health 93.115 Biometry and Risk Estimation_Health Risks from Environmental Exposures|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Jan 04, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Jan 04, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Nov 23, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.121 -- Oral Diseases and Disorders Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education City or township governments Small businesses Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities State governments Special district governments Independent school districts Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Private institutions of higher education County governments Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply. Eligible agencies of the Federal Government can apply. Faith-based or community-based organizations can apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...