National Biocontainment Laboratories (NBLs) Operations Support Limited Competition (UC7)
The summary for the National Biocontainment Laboratories (NBLs) Operations Support Limited Competition (UC7) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Biocontainment Laboratories (NBLs) Operations Support Limited Competition (UC7): Purpose. This FOA issued by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health, is a limited competition solicitation intended to continue operations support under the UC7 mechanism for Biosafety Level 4 (BSL4) facilities at the National Biocontainment Laboratories at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) in Galveston, Texas and Boston University in Boston, Massachusetts. Operations support is provided in the following areas: facility maintenance and operations; biosecurity; environmental health and safety regulations and requirements; regulatory compliance; and specialized research support services. The NBLs will serve as a national resource for efforts in conducting clinical and laboratory (in vitro and in vivo) research and testing on hazardous biological agents in support of NIAIDs Biodefense Research Agenda (http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/biodefenserelated/biodefense/about/pages/strategicplan.aspx) and other infectious diseases. Mechanism of Support. This FOA will utilize the UC7 award mechanism. Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. The NIAID intends to commit up to $30 million in total costs annually in Fiscal Years 2011-2016 to fund the NBLs.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Biocontainment Laboratories (NBLs) Operations Support Limited Competition (UC7)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-AI-10-018|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 13, 2010|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 13, 2010|
|Posted Date:||Jun 10, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Jun 10, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Aug 13, 2010|
|Total Program Funding:||$30,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, TX Boston University, Boston, MA
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Biomedical Prevention of HIV Research Education (R25)
- • Partnerships for Next Generation Biodefense Diagnostics (R01)
- • Partnerships for Development of New Therapeutic Classes for Select Viral and Bacterial Pat...
- • International Extramural Associates Research Development Awards (IEARDA) [G11]
- • Indo-U.S. Vaccine Action Program (VAP) Small Research Grant Program (R03)
- • Non-Antibiotic Selectable Markers for Biodefense (R21)
- • Partnerships to Improve Diagnosis and Treatment of Selected Drug-Resistant Healthcare-Asso...
- • Cooperative Research Partnerships for Biodefense (U01)
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • PDX Development and Trial Centers (PDTCs) (U54)
- • Optimizing the HIV Care Continuum for Substance Abusing Populations at High-Risk and/or Li...
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K22)
- • PDX Data Commons and Coordinating Center (PDCCC) for the PDX Development and Trial Centers...
- • Maximizing Access to Research Careers Undergraduate - Student Training in Academic Researc...