National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cancer Education and Career Development Program (R25)
The summary for the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cancer Education and Career Development Program (R25) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cancer Education and Career Development Program (R25): Purpose: This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) represents the continuation of the Cancer Education and Career Development Program (CECDP) established by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The purpose of the CECDP is to support the development and implementation of institutional curriculum-dependent predoctoral/postdoctoral programs in the areas of cancer prevention and control, behavioral and population sciences research, nutrition, epidemiology, and/ or biostatistics. Mechanism of Support: This FOA will use the NIH Research Education (R25) grant mechanism. Research education programs may not be transferred from one institution to another, unless strongly justified (see Section VI.2). Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards: Because the nature and scope of the proposed research will vary from application to application, it is anticipated that the size and duration of each award will also vary. The total amount awarded and the number of awards will depend upon the mechanism numbers, quality, duration, and costs of the applications received.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Cancer Institute (NCI) Cancer Education and Career Development Program (R25)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAR-10-165|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Cancer Research Manpower|
|Current Application Deadline:||May 07, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 07, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Apr 12, 2010|
|Creation Date:||Apr 12, 2010|
|Archive Date:||Jun 07, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) .
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Cancer Institute Youth Enjoy Science Research Education Program (R25)
- • International Research Scientist Development Award (IRSDA) (K01)
- • NCI Mentored Research Scientist Development Award to Promote Diversity (K01)
- • NCI Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K23)
- • NCI Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award to Promote Diversity (K0...
- • NCI Transition Career Development Award to Promote Diversity
- • Cancer Education (R25E) Grants Program
- • Cancer Prevention, Control, Behavioral and Population Sciences Career Development Award
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • BRAIN Initiative: Exploratory Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - eTargetedBCP (R21)
- • BRAIN Initiative: Targeted BRAIN Circuits Projects - TargetedBCP (R01)
- • Tools for Clinical Care and Management of Alzheimers Disease (AD) and its Comorbidities (R...
- • Tools for Clinical Care and Management of Alzheimers Disease (AD) and Its Comorbidities (R...
- • Advancing Research on Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and Alzheimer's-Disease-Related Dementias (...