National Disaster Resilience Competition
The summary for the National Disaster Resilience Competition grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Disaster Resilience Competition: Broadly, the goal of the competition is to make Community Development Block Grant – Resilient Disaster Recovery (CDBG-RDR) funds available for compelling resilient recovery projects. The competition criteria are informed by the goals of the President’s Climate Action Plan (CAP) and the Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Strategy recommendations.All eligible applicants under this NOFA are already grantees under the CDBG program and are familiar with those program requirements. For specific adjustments and requirements related to CDBG-RDR funds, you are advised to review the Authority section and Attachment A to this NOFA, which includes post-award requirements. A complete submission under this NOFA will address and comply with these requirements.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Disaster Resilience Competition|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Housing and Urban Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-5800-N-29|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Resilient Disaster Recovery Competition|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 16, 2015 Electronically submitted application|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 16, 2015 Electronically submitted application|
|Posted Date:||September 17th, 2014|
|Creation Date:||Sep 17, 2014|
|Archive Date:||Mar 31, 2015|
|Total Program Funding:||$999,108,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$1,000,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:||67|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments
City or township governments
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible applicants for $820 million of CDBG-NDR grants are specific local and State governments that experienced a Qualified Disaster during 2011-2013. Of the eligible applicants identified on the list below, only the states of New Jersey and New York, and New York City are also eligible for an additional $181 million set-aside for Unmet Recovery Needs related to Hurricane Sandy and Tropical Storms Irene and Lee.
The District of Columbia is listed among eligible state-level applicants because it is not located within a state that can apply to receive funds. However, any award to the District would be subject to the regulations governing entitlement grantees in 24 CFR part 570, as modified by this NOFA. Individuals, foreign entities, and sole proprietorship organizations are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jessie Handforth Kome
Department of Housing and Urban Development 202 708 0667
- Similar Government Grants
- • National Resilient Disaster Recovery Phase TWO
- • National Disaster Resilience Competition PHASE TWO
- More Grants from the Department of Housing and Urban Development
- • Research and Evaluation, Demonstration, and Data Analysis and Utilization
- • Lead-Based Paint Hazard Control (LBPHC) Grant Program
- • Lead Hazard Reduction Demonstration (LHRD) Grant Program
- • Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Department's Fiscal Year 2017 Supplemental C...
- • Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program