National Environmental Public Health Tracking Program-Network Implementation
The summary for the National Environmental Public Health Tracking Program-Network Implementation grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Environmental Public Health Tracking Program-Network Implementation: The purpose of the program is to establish and maintain a nationwide tracking network to obtain integrated health and environmental data and use it to provide information in support of actions that improve the health of communities. The program also aims to build state and local public health capacity in the area of environmental health surveillance. The Tracking Network is a web-based, secure network of standardized electronic health and environmental data. See Appendix I for additional description of the functions of the Network.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Environmental Public Health Tracking Program-Network Implementation|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||CDC-RFA-EH11-1103|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Environmental Public Health and Emergency Response|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jun 03, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jun 03, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Apr 29, 2011|
|Creation Date:||May 02, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jul 03, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$45,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$1,100,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||17|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible Applicants Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below: State and local government health departments, or their Bona Fide Agents, that were originally selected through a competitive award process under CDC Program Announcement CDC-RFA-EH06-601 of 2006 National Environmental Public Health Tracking Program- Network Implementation. Under this announcement, states and New York City have developed and implemented a standards-based Tracking network and built program capacity. Successfully completing this work is a prerequisite for moving into the next phase of network implementation. Therefore, eligibility is limited to applicants who have successfully completed work under Program Announcements EH06-601. This supports the programs goal of sustaining Tracking capacity at previously competed states and local programs that currently participate in the development of the nations first Tracking network. The limited eligibility allows CDC to target the use of these limited resources to states and local programs that have developed the greatest capacity for environmental health tracking. This accommodates legislative conference report language which began the Tracking initiative in FY 2002 and which specified capacity development of environmental health at state and local health departments. A Bona Fide Agent is an agency/organization identified by the state as eligible to submit an application under the state eligibility in lieu of a state application. If applying as a bona fide agent of a state or local government, a legal, binding agreement from the state or local government as documentation of the status is required. Attach with Other Attachment Forms when submitting via www.grants.gov.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Procurement and Grants Office TIMS Phone 770-488-2700
- Similar Government Grants
- • Implementation of the Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
- • Maintenance and Enhancement of the Environmental Public Health Tracking Network
- • Comprehensive Asthma Control Through Evidence-based Strategies and Public Health'Health Ca...
- • Health Impact Assessment for Improved Community Design
- • State-Based Public Health Laboratory Biomonitoring Programs
- • Revitalizing Core Environmental Health Programs through the Environmental Health Specialis...
- • Community Health Centers Childhood Rural Asthma Project
- • San Antonio Metropolitan Health District, San Antonio, TX for a program to assess the heal...
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- • Technical Assistance to Support Comprehensive Combination HIV Prevention, Care and Treatme...
- • Strengthening Ebola rapid detection and response capacity through community based surveill...
- • test2
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Technical Assistance to Provide High-Quality Voluntary Medic...
- • Program Expansion Supplement: Increasing Access to HIV Confidential Voluntary Counseling a...