National Integrated Water Quality Program
The summary for the National Integrated Water Quality Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Integrated Water Quality Program: The goal of the National Integrated Water Quality Program (NIWQP) is to contribute to the improvement of the quality of our Nations surface water and groundwater resources through research, education, and extension activities. Projects funded through this program will work to solve water resource problems by advancing and disseminating the knowledge base available to agricultural, rural, and urbanizing communities. Funded projects should lead to science-based decision making and management practices that improve the quality of the Nations surface water and groundwater resources in agricultural, rural, and urbanizing watersheds.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Integrated Water Quality Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institute of Food and Agriculture|
|Grant Categories:||Agriculture Environment Health Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||USDA-NIFA-ICGP-003447|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Integrated Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 15, 2011|
|Posted Date:||May 20, 2011|
|Creation Date:||May 20, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Aug 14, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:||$10,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$750,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||28|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Colleges and universities (as defined in section 1404 of NARETPA) (7 U.S.C. 3103) are eligible to submit applications for the National Integrated Water Quality Program (NIWQP). Section 1404 of NARETPA was amended by section 7101 of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Pub. L. 110-246) to define Hispanic-serving Agricultural Colleges and Universities (HSACUs) (see Part III, B. and Part VIII, E. for more information), and to include research foundations maintained by eligible colleges or universities. For the purposes of this program, the terms college and university mean an educational institution in any state which (1) admits as regular students only persons having a certificate of graduation from a school providing secondary education, or the recognized equivalent of such a certificate; (2) is legally authorized within such state to provide a program of education beyond secondary education; (3) provides an educational program for which a bachelors degree or any other higher degree is awarded; (4) is a public or other nonprofit institution; and (5) is accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association. Applications also may be submitted by 1994 Land-Grant Institutions (as defined in Part VIII, E.), HSACUs, and research foundations maintained by eligible colleges or universities. An applicants failure to meet an eligibility criterion by the time of an application deadline will preclude NIFA from reviewing an application and making an award. See RFA for additional details.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIFA Help Desk Phone: 202-401-5048 Business hours are M-F, 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST, excluding Federal holiday
NIFA Help Desk [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Organic Transitions
- • Regional Integrated Pest Management Centers
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program - Methyl Bromide ...
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Competitive Grants Program: National Integra...
- • Integrated Organic Program
- • Integrated Research, Education, and Extension Service Competitive Grants Program: Methyl B...
- More Grants from the National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- • Tribal Colleges Research Grants Program
- • Hispanic Serving Institutions -- Education Grants Program
- • Special Research Grants Program, Potato Breeding Research
- • 1890 Facilities Grants Program
- • SAECP Secondary Agriculture Education Challenge Grant Program