National Maritime Heritage Grant Program
The summary for the National Maritime Heritage Grant Program grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Maritime Heritage Grant Program: Approximately $1.7 million in National Maritime Heritage Grants for education or preservation projects are available for 2016. Proposals for grants will be accepted from May 23 until August 5, 2016. Education projects can request $15,000-50,000 and preservation projects can request $50,000-200,000. Funding for Maritime Heritage Grants is competitive. Project grants are administered through the Maritime Heritage Program and State Historic Preservation Offices (SHPOs).
|Federal Grant Title:||National Maritime Heritage Grant Program|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||P16AS00170|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||National Maritime Heritage Grants Program|
|Current Application Deadline:||Aug 5, 2016|
|Original Application Deadline:||Aug 5, 2016|
|Posted Date:||May 23, 2016|
|Creation Date:||May 16, 2016|
|Archive Date:||Aug 6, 2016|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,700,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$200,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$15,000|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
- Category Explanation
- Historic Preservation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
Independent school districts
Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
Private institutions of higher education
City or township governments
Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Megan Brown 202 354 2062
National Park Service 303-969-2348
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Assessing, Monitoring, and Documenting the Status of Plant Species and Communities
- • Large Mammal response to wildfire and landscape-scale forest restoration in the Jemez Moun...
- • Terrestrial Monitoring Intern for the Southeast Coast Network of the NPS Inventory and Mon...
- • FY2017 Historic Preservation Fund - Tribal Historic Preservation Offices
- • Collaborate on the Execution of the Annual Work Plan of Blackstone River Valley National H...