National Public Lands Day Coordination
The summary for the National Public Lands Day Coordination grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Park Service, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
National Public Lands Day Coordination: This funding announcement is not a request for applications. This announcement is to provide public notice of the National Park Service (NPS), intention to fund the following project activities without competition. ABSTRACT funding announcement NPS-WCP-WASO-P12AC310002 Project Title National Public Lands Day. Total anticipated award amount is $45,000 Cost Share None Anticipated, length of Agreement is 5 years Anticipated Period of Performance August 2012 - August 2017. Award Instrument Cooperative Agreement Statutory Authority 16 USC Sec 1 g. OVERVIEW - National Public Lands Day (NPLD is a program of the National Environmental Education Foundation (NEEF) in partnership with Federal, State and local public land management, Bureau of Reclamation, Department of Defense, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, National Park Service, US Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and USDA Forest Service. The NPLD program began in 1994 and the National Park Service was one of the original partnering agencies. Each year, volunteers build trails and bridges, improve wildlife habitat, plant trees, remove invasive species, collect seeds, facility restoration and much more. In 2008, 150 National Park Service parks/sites participated in NPLD events. RECIPIENT INVOLVEMENT NEEF acts as the national manager for the event by providing guidance, support and technical advice to participating national parks in coordination with the National Park Service, NEEF ensures that programs are designed and managed in a way that promotes volunteer opportunities on public lands. The NPS benefits from the work that will be carried out by volunteers throughout the country. also, with the event managed by NEEF the NPS can be part of this large national multi-agency event without having to designate internal staff to coordinate efforts.
|Federal Grant Title:||National Public Lands Day Coordination|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Park Service|
|Grant Categories:||Community Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||NPS-WCP-WASO-P12AC31002|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Natural Resource Stewardship|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 30, 2012|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 30, 2012|
|Posted Date:||Jul 19, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Jul 19, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Aug 29, 2012|
|Total Program Funding:||$45,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$45,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This is a notice of intent to single source award.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Jaime Mijares Contract Specialist Phone 303-969-2755
[email protected] [[email protected]]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Collaborating with Community to Restore a Prairie at Pinnacles National Park
- • Avian and Habitat Research, Monitoring, and Restoration at the Channel Islands
- • Threatened Western Snowy Plover Monitoring and Protection at Point Reyes National Seashore
- • Enhancing natural resource stewardship and science outreach in southern California Nationa...
- • Channel Islands National Park Annual Landbird Monitoring 2020-2023
- • Fund Arizona Fish and Game Department to Collect and Rear the Endangered Humpback Chub (Gi...
- • Appalachian Trail Atmospheric Deposition Effects Study
- • National Park Service - A Multi-Scale Program in Viriginia, Wst Virginia and Maryland to A...
- More Grants from the National Park Service
- • Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Area
- • Essex National Heritage Area
- • Hudson River Valley National Heritage Area
- • Lackawanna Valley National Heritage Area
- • Susquehanna National Heritage Area