Native Hawaiian Health Care Improvement Act
The summary for the Native Hawaiian Health Care Improvement Act grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Health Resources and Services Administration, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Native Hawaiian Health Care Improvement Act: This notice solicits applications for the Native Hawaiian Health Care Improvement Act (NHHCIA) program. The NHHCIA, as amended (42 U.S.C. 11701 - 11714), states that "it is the policy of the United States in fulfillment of its special responsibilities and legal obligations to the indigenous people of Hawaii … to (1) raise the health status of Native Hawaiians to the highest possible health level; and (2) provide existing Native Hawaiian health care programs with all resources necessary to effectuate this policy" [see 42 U.S.C. 11702(a)]. The NHHCIA authorizes funding for the following activities: • Service grant to Papa Ola Lokahi (POL) for the activities described in the NHHCIA, including the coordination of the health care programs and services provided to Native Hawaiians. • Service grants to the five recognized community-based Native Hawaiian Health Care Systems (NHHCS) to provide a full range of services identified by the legislation and tailored to fit the needs of their respective island communities. This is a limited competition program announcement. This NOFO provides instructions to be used by existing recipients under the NHHCIA in preparing applications for funding for fiscal years 2018 through 2020.
|Federal Grant Title:||Native Hawaiian Health Care Improvement Act|
|Federal Agency Name:||Health Resources and Services Administration (HHS-HRSA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HRSA-18-020|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||April 20th, 2018|
|Original Application Deadline:||April 20th, 2018|
|Posted Date:||February 16th, 2018|
|Creation Date:||February 16th, 2018|
|Archive Date:||June 19th, 2018|
|Total Program Funding:||$12,967,553|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||6|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||February 16th, 2018|
- Category Explanation
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This Congressional Special Initiative is a limited competition program notice. To be eligible for funding, an applicant must be one of the organizations listed in Table 1.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration
Contact Dave Butterworth at (301)594-4300 or email BPHCNH@hrsa.gov
- Similar Government Grants
- • Native Hawaiian Health Care
- • Native Hawaiian Health Scholarship Program
- More Grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration
- • Increasing Organ Donation Awareness Program
- • Maternal and Child Health Interdisciplinary Education in Pediatric Pulmonary Centers Progr...
- • Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part A Planning Council and Planning Body Technical Assistance...
- • National Genetics Education and Family Support Program
- • Advances in Integrating Genetics into Clinical Care