Natural Experiments of Policy and Built Environment Impact on Diabetes Risk
The summary for the Natural Experiments of Policy and Built Environment Impact on Diabetes Risk grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Natural Experiments of Policy and Built Environment Impact on Diabetes Risk: This FOA has two components, A and B. Component A: To support a 5-year multi-center research network of innovative, non-health system-based, natural experiments approaches to alter the diabetogenic characteristics of US communities. Priority areas include population-level approaches to the promotion of healthy eating and active living by evaluating the impact of environmental and policy interventions on population-level risk factors for diabetes. Component B: To fund a Central Coordinating Center (CCC) to provide organizational, logistic and communication support to enhance the efficiency, productivity, and impact of the Natural Experiments research centers that are funded as part of Component A.
|Federal Grant Title:||Natural Experiments of Policy and Built Environment Impact on Diabetes Risk|
|Federal Agency Name:||Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA (HHS-CDC-HHSCDCERA)|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DP-17-003|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||February 13th, 2017|
|Original Application Deadline:||February 13th, 2017|
|Posted Date:||December 7th, 2016|
|Creation Date:||December 7th, 2016|
|Archive Date:||March 15th, 2017|
|Total Program Funding:||$15,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$675,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||5|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
|Last Updated:||December 7th, 2016|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501 (c) (3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For-profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Natalie J Darling
- Similar Government Grants
- • State Public Health Approaches to Addressing Arthritis
- • Etiology and Outcome of Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- • Public Health Actions to Prevent and Control Diabetes, Tobacco Use, Heart Disease, and ass...
- • State Public Health Approaches to Improving Arthritis Outcomes
- • State Public Health Actions to Prevent and Control Diabetes, Heart Disease, Obesity and As...
- • Health Promotion and Diabetes Prevention Projects for American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN...
- • National Program To Promote Diabetes Education Strategies in Minority Communities: The Nat...
- • Incidence, Natural History, and Quality of Life of Diabetes in Youth
- More Grants from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ERA
- • Modeling Infectious Diseases in Healthcare Research Projects to Improve Prevention Researc...
- • Detection and Characterization of Emerging Vector-Borne and Zoonotic Pathogens in Indonesi...
- • Enhanced Surveillance and Control of Arboviruses in Puerto Rico
- • Network of Modeling Centers to Improve Evidence Base for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza P...
- • Epidemiology, Prevention, and Treatment of Influenza and Other Respiratory Infections in P...