Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative
The summary for the Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Administration for Community Living, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative: The Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AIDD), Administration on Disabilities (AOD), Administration for Community Living (ACL), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announces the availability of Fiscal Year 2019 funds to award, on a competitive basis, a three year National Training Initiative (NTI) cooperative agreement to University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and Service (UCEDDs). AOD anticipates awarding one neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) training agreement to pay for the federal share of this initiative. Funds will be used to support the implementation of a NAS training program. HHS is committed to ending the crisis of opioid addiction and overdose in America. This training initiative is intended to identify, and train practitioners in, emerging knowledge and evidence-based practices in screening, monitoring and care for children diagnosed with neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS), or suspected of being impacted by related trauma exposure. This proposed opportunity seeks to address the gaps in access and delivery of quality services to children diagnosed with NAS. The desired performance outcomes include: (1) Increased collaboration and coordination among federal, state and local entities addressing NAS. (2) Increase in trauma-informed care in prevention and treatment services for neonates, families and caregivers. Evaluation of the results will be collected from practioners, trainees, families, UCEDD network partners and governmental agencies via customer satisfaction survey data collected pre and post interventions.
|Federal Grant Title:||Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome National Training Initiative|
|Federal Agency Name:||Administration for Community Living (HHS-ACL)|
|Grant Categories:||Income Security and Social Services|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||HHS-2019-ACL-AOD-DDTI-0351|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||August 20th, 2019|
|Original Application Deadline:||August 20th, 2019|
|Posted Date:||June 21st, 2019|
|Creation Date:||June 21st, 2019|
|Archive Date:||September 19th, 2019|
|Total Program Funding:||$452,199|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$452,199|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$452,199|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||Yes|
|Last Updated:||June 21st, 2019|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification.)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Section 151(b) of the DD Act states that from appropriations authorized under section 156(a) (1) and reserved under section 156(a) (2), grants shall be made to UCEDDs to carry out National Training Initiative grants. Entities eligible to apply for funds under this funding opportunity announcement are the 67 current AIDD grantees that are designated UCEDDs. Applications will only be accepted from the 67 UCEDDs listed athttps://acl.gov/programs/aging-and-disability-networks/national-network-university. Applications from other entities not designated as a current UCEDD by 2018 will not be reviewed. Foreign entities are not eligible to compete for, or receive, awards made under this announcement.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pamela O'Brien
- Similar Government Grants
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Se...
- • University Centers of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Diversity Fellowships
- • Serious Mental Illness
- • Minority Serving Institutions Partnership Implementation Grants
- • National Training Initiatives on Critical and Emerging Needs
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research, and S...
- • University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDDs)
- More Grants from the Administration for Community Living
- • Funding for Older Americans Act Title VI Native American Programs
- • 2020 State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Base Grant
- • Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects (DRRP) Program: Independent Living Transit...
- • Supported Decision Making Across the Lifespan Planning Grant
- • Alzheimer's Disease Programs Initiative - Grants to States and Communities