Niddk Short-Term Education Program for Minority Students (R25)
The summary for the Niddk Short-Term Education Program for Minority Students (R25) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Niddk Short-Term Education Program for Minority Students (R25): The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) Short-Term Education Program for Minority Students is designed to provide short-term research education for underrepresented minority high school and/or undergraduate students to expose them to research in the areas of diabetes, endocrinology, metabolism, nutrition, obesity, and digestive, liver, urologic, kidney, and hematologic diseases. By providing an early research experience it is hoped that many of these students will pursue a career in biomedical research. Underrepresented minority and ethnic groups include Blacks, Hispanics/Latinos, American Indians, Alaska Natives, and Pacific Islanders, and other racial and ethnic groups determined by the institution to be underrepresented in the health-related sciences. The grant provides support for two to three consecutive months of research training in the laboratories of experienced investigators as well as the opportunity to participate in research forums, guest lectures, student presentations, special courses, and social activities. The awards are intended for any institution that has access to highly motivated minority high school and/or undergraduate students. The institution may design a program specifically for high school students, undergraduate students, or both.
|Federal Grant Title:||Niddk Short-Term Education Program for Minority Students (R25)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Health Food and Nutrition|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-03-014|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism Research 93.848 Digestive Diseases and Nutrition Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||May 14, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Mar 26, 2003|
|Creation Date:||Jun 13, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Jun 13, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.849 -- Kidney Diseases, Urology and Hematology Research|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Private institutions of higher education For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...