Nociceptive GenitoUrinary Development Molecular Anatomy Projects (nGUDMAP) (U01)
The summary for the Nociceptive GenitoUrinary Development Molecular Anatomy Projects (nGUDMAP) (U01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Nociceptive GenitoUrinary Development Molecular Anatomy Projects (nGUDMAP) (U01): The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to seek applications for Research Projects and Atlas Assembly Projects that will build a murine molecular anatomy atlas of the nociceptors (pain receptors) and associated cell types in pain processing of the urinary tract and the pelvic region. It is anticipated that the detailed description of the developmental origins, and the anatomical and biochemical heterogeneity of the murine nociceptors (pain receptors) and associated cells, will lay a foundation to support the long-term goal of developing new therapies for urologic chronic pelvic pain syndromes (UCPPS), traditionally referred to as Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome (IC/PBS) and Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CP/CPPS). The successful applications for this FOA will be considered part of the continuing GUDMAP effort supported by RFA-DK-11-001 and RFA-DK-10-005.
|Federal Grant Title:||Nociceptive GenitoUrinary Development Molecular Anatomy Projects (nGUDMAP) (U01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Food and Nutrition Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-12-024|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases Extramural Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||Mar 14, 2013|
|Original Application Deadline:||Mar 14, 2013|
|Posted Date:||Nov 26, 2012|
|Creation Date:||Nov 26, 2012|
|Archive Date:||Apr 14, 2013|
|Total Program Funding:||$1,500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments - County governments - City or township governments - Special district governments - Independent school districts - Public and State controlled institutions of higher education - Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) - Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities - Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) - Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education - Private institutions of higher education - For profit organizations other than small businesses - Small businesses - Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Other Eligible Applicants include the following: Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions; Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISISs); Eligible Agencies of the Federal Government; Faith-based or Community-based Organizations; Hispanic-serving Institutions; Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs); Indian/Native American Tribal Governments (Other than Federally Recognized); Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Organizations); Regional Organizations; Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities (TCCUs) ; U.S. Territory or Possession; Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply. Non-domestic (non-U.S.) components of U.S. Organizations are eligible to apply. Foreign components, as defined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, are allowed.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER WebmasterFBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV
If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster [FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV]
- Similar Government Grants
- • Understanding the Functional Contributions and Mechanisms of Type 2 Diabetes Disease-assoc...
- • Limited Competition for the Accelerating Medicines Partnership (AMP) in Type 2 Diabetes Kn...
- • NIDDK Hematology Central Coordinating Center (U24 Clinical Trial Not Allowed)
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Me...
- • Bioinformatics Interdisciplinary Predoctoral Fellowship in Diabetes, Endocrinology and Met...
- • Proteomic and Metabolomic Approaches to Diagnose Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes
- • Molecular Therapy Core Centers
- • Pilot and Feasibility Program in Human Islet Biology
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...