Non-Biodefense Emerging Infectious Diseases Research Opportunities (R01)
The summary for the Non-Biodefense Emerging Infectious Diseases Research Opportunities (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Non-Biodefense Emerging Infectious Diseases Research Opportunities (R01): -Purpose. This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) issued by the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, solicits applications that propose to further understand the natural history of microbial agents of human infectious diseases and events leading to acquiring pathogenic potential by these agents. Research will focus on: human bacterial pathogens in non-pathogenic states; non-human viral pathogens prior to development of human pathogenic potential; or the changes that result in human pathogenicity. -Mechanisms of Support. This FOA will utilize the NIH Research Project Grant (R01) award mechanism. -Funds Available and Anticipated Number of Awards. Awards issued under this FOA are contingent upon the availability of funds and the submission of a sufficient number of meritorious applications. It is anticipated that $4 million will be available for this PA.
|Federal Grant Title:||Non-Biodefense Emerging Infectious Diseases Research Opportunities (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PA-07-246|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Allergy, Immunology and Transplantation Research 93.856 Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple Receipt Dates - See Link to Full Announce|
|Posted Date:||Mar 06, 2007|
|Creation Date:||Mar 15, 2007|
|Archive Date:||Dec 05, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$4,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||93.859 -- Biomedical Research and Research Training|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- County governments Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Special district governments Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education State governments Small businesses City or township governments Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Independent school districts For profit organizations other than small businesses Private institutions of higher education
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Foreign institutions are eligible to apply.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- NIH OER Webmaster
FBOWebmaster@OD.NIH.GOV If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...