Non-injection Drug Abuse and HIV/AIDS (R01)
The summary for the Non-injection Drug Abuse and HIV/AIDS (R01) grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Non-injection Drug Abuse and HIV/AIDS (R01): The purpose of this Program Announcement with set-aside funds from the National Institute on Drug Abuse is to encourage drug abuse research that elucidates the contribution of non-injection drug abuse to the acquisition and/or transmission and/or disease progression of HIV/AIDS. Specifically, it seeks to: 1) investigate how, where, why, and among whom HIV/AIDS is spreading through non-injection drug use associated high-risk sexual behavior; 2) develop effective prevention and treatment interventions for non-injection drug users at risk for or infected with HIV; and 3) improve accessibility and utilization of evidence-based, integrated care for non-injection drug abuse, risky sexual behavior, and HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases. While both the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the National Institute on Mental Health (NIMH) are participating in this Program Announcement, only NIDA has set aside funds specifically for this program.
|Federal Grant Title:||Non-injection Drug Abuse and HIV/AIDS (R01)|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Grant Categories:||Education Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||PAS-06-054|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Mental Health Research Grants 93.279 Drug Abuse Research Programs|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Multiple dates, see announcment.|
|Posted Date:||Nov 03, 2005|
|Creation Date:||Dec 07, 2006|
|Archive Date:||Feb 03, 2007|
|Total Program Funding:||$3,000,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Independent school districts Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Special district governments County governments City or township governments State governments Private institutions of higher education Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) For profit organizations other than small businesses Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- Eligible agencies of the Federal government are eligible to apply Foreign Institutions are eligible to apply
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Webmaster, NIH, Webmaster, Phone not available, Fax not available, Email [email protected] [email protected] Webmaster, NIH
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...