Noninvasive Measurement of Iron by Magnetic Resonance Imaging
The summary for the Noninvasive Measurement of Iron by Magnetic Resonance Imaging grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the National Institutes of Health, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Noninvasive Measurement of Iron by Magnetic Resonance Imaging: The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), and the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) invite Research Grant Applications (R01 or R21) for projects that have the potential to improve the utility of magnetic resonance imaging as a method for quantitative determinations of tissue iron, especially in liver, heart and brain. A quantitative means of measuring body storage iron that would be non-invasive, safe, accurate and readily available, would improve the diagnosis and management of patients with iron overload, including hereditary hemochromatosis, thalassemia major, sickle cell disease, aplastic anemia, myelodysplasia and other disorders. Magnetic resonance imaging potentially provides a useful and widely available technique for examining the three- dimensional distribution of excess iron in the body, but further research is needed to develop a way to make measurements quantitative. Small businesses are encouraged to respond to a parallel RFA DK-03-009 (see http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-DK-03-009.html) of identical scientific scope that uses the SBIR and STTR mechanisms.
|Federal Grant Title:||Noninvasive Measurement of Iron by Magnetic Resonance Imaging|
|Federal Agency Name:||National Institutes of Health|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||RFA-DK-03-007|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Discovery and Applied Research 93.849 Kidney Diseases, Urology and Hematology Research|
|Current Application Deadline:||No deadline provided|
|Original Application Deadline:||Feb 19, 2003|
|Posted Date:||Oct 28, 2002|
|Creation Date:||Mar 21, 2003|
|Archive Date:||Mar 21, 2003|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- State governments Private institutions of higher education Individuals For profit organizations other than small businesses Small businesses Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification) County governments City or township governments Special district governments Independent school districts Public and State controlled institutions of higher education Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized) Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments) Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- If you have any problems linking to this funding announcement, please contact the NIH OER Webmaster OERWebmaster@od.nih.gov NIH OER Webmaster
- More Grants from the National Institutes of Health
- • Ethical Issues in Translational Science Research (R01 Clinical Trial Optional)
- • A Collaborative Network to Optimize Emergency Care of Older Adults with Alzheimers Disease...
- • Innovations to Foster Healthy Longevity in Low-Income Settings (R03 Clinical Trial Not All...
- • HIV-associated Non-Communicable Diseases Research at Low- and Middle-Income Country Instit...
- • National Dental Practice-Based Research Network Clinical Trial or Observational Study Plan...