Northwest Weed Management Partnership
The summary for the Northwest Weed Management Partnership grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Bureau of Land Management, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Northwest Weed Management Partnership: The lands managed by the BLM in the Willamette Valley are interspersed with private lands in a checkerboard pattern. However, the need for invasive plant control spans these boundaries. Partnering with Cascade Pacific Resource Conservation and Development, through the Northwest Weed Management Partnership (NWMP) provides an efficient and effective means to encourage local cooperators to discuss weed management issues and arrive at successful solutions through the recently established Cooperative Weed Management Areas and a variety of species Working Groups. The designation of Cooperative Weed Management Areas by a diverse group of individuals and agencies addresses a number of weed management issues from a broader perspective and brings together multiple resources to address common weed problems. This approach also communicates to the public the seriousness of weed invasions and encourages their participation in containing and preventing infestations. An organized approach to weed control will result in the greatest good for all of northwest Oregon and southwest Washington.
|Federal Grant Title:||Northwest Weed Management Partnership|
|Federal Agency Name:||Bureau of Land Management|
|Grant Categories:||Natural Resources|
|Type of Opportunity:||Discretionary|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||OR-NOI08-0010|
|Type of Funding:||Cooperative Agreement|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Invasive and Noxious Plant Management|
|Current Application Deadline:||Sep 10, 2008|
|Original Application Deadline:||Sep 10, 2008|
|Posted Date:||Sep 03, 2008|
|Creation Date:||Sep 03, 2008|
|Archive Date:||Oct 10, 2008|
|Total Program Funding:||$500,000|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:||$500,000|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:||$0|
|Expected Number of Awards:||1|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- The proposed recipient's program is uniquely positioned to facilitate and coordinate economic and natural resource issues with local governments, Watershed Councils and Soil and Water Conservation Districts in six Willamette Basin counties and one coastal county. The proposed recipient has a network of clients and partners which have an established infrastructure for cooperation and information exchange. It has taken a considerable amount of investment in time and resources to nurture these relationships. A different organization trying to provide the same level of coordination and facilitation for the Northwest Oregon Invasive Weed Management Partnership would need to focus energy on developing the relationships and coordination patterns which the proposed recipient has already established.
- Grant Announcement Contact
- Pamella Sterling Contract Specialist Phone 503-808-6221
Northwest Weed Manangment Partnership [email@example.com]
- Similar Government Grants
- • ORWA 2019 Invasive and Noxious Plant Management Master Funding Opportunity
- • BLM Idaho 2019 Invasive and Noxious Plant Mangement
- • AZ Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • BLM NM Noxious and Invasive Plant Managemnt
- • BLM-CO: Strengthening Partnerships for Invasive and Noxious Plant Management
- • Lower Grande Ronde River Noxious Weed Project
- • Northeast Oregon Noxious Weed Project
- • Noxious Weed Eradication in Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota
- More Grants from the Bureau of Land Management
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Graduate Res...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Regional Fir...
- • BLM National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC) Joint Fire Science Program (JFSP) Primary Anno...
- • NM Oil and Gas Inspection and Enforcement (I & E) Program
- • BLM FY2020 Bureau-wide Management Studies Support Program for National Conservation Lands