Notice of Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 Opportunity to Register and Other Important Information for Electronic Application Submission for the Continuum of Care (CoC) Homeless Assistance Competition
The summary for the Notice of Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 Opportunity to Register and Other Important Information for Electronic Application Submission for the Continuum of Care (CoC) Homeless Assistance Competition grant is detailed below. This summary states who is eligible for the grant, how much grant money will be awarded, current and past deadlines, Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) numbers, and a sampling of similar government grants. Verify the accuracy of the data FederalGrants.com provides by visiting the webpage noted in the Link to Full Announcement section or by contacting the appropriate person listed as the Grant Announcement Contact. If any section is incomplete, please visit the website for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, which is the U.S. government agency offering this grant.
Notice of Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 Opportunity to Register and Other Important Information for Electronic Application Submission for the Continuum of Care (CoC) Homeless Assistance Competition: This Notice is divided into five sections. Section I provides background information on the implementation of the McKinney-Vento Act, as amended by the HEARTH Act, and an overview of the Continuum of Care (CoC) planning process. Section II contains key terms used throughout this Notice and the registration process. Section III provides detailed information on completing the CoC registration process in e-snaps, including steps to renew/update an existing registration. Section IV provides information about the major changes that HUD will adopt for the FY2011 CoC Homeless Assistance Competition. This should assist CoC applicants to better plan for the development of their FY2011 application. Section V provides a list of registration resources to help CoC applicants successfully complete the registration process and to prepare for submission.
|Federal Grant Title:||Notice of Fiscal Year (FY) 2011 Opportunity to Register and Other Important Information for Electronic Application Submission for the Continuum of Care (CoC) Homeless Assistance Competition|
|Federal Agency Name:||Department of Housing and Urban Development|
|Type of Opportunity:||Other|
|Funding Opportunity Number:||FR-5500-N-32|
|Type of Funding:||Grant|
|CFDA Numbers:||Information not provided|
|CFDA Descriptions:||Information not provided|
|Current Application Deadline:||Jul 25, 2011|
|Original Application Deadline:||Jul 25, 2011|
|Posted Date:||Jun 23, 2011|
|Creation Date:||Jun 29, 2011|
|Archive Date:||Jul 26, 2011|
|Total Program Funding:|
|Maximum Federal Grant Award:|
|Minimum Federal Grant Award:|
|Expected Number of Awards:|
|Cost Sharing or Matching:||No|
- Applicants Eligible for this Grant
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- Additional Information on Eligibility
- This Notice is intended to achieve three goals: (1) to provide CoC applicants with an outline of the functions and requirements of the annual registration in e-snaps; (2) to provide CoC applicants and project applicants with the major changes that HUD will make under the CoC Competition Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for FY2011; and (3) to familiarize CoC applicants and project applicants with HUDs plan to implement the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, as amended by the Homeless Emergency and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act. Each CoC applicant must complete and submit its registration in e-snaps. Registration in e-snaps allows: (1) CoC applicants to validate their CoC and merger status and corresponding geographic jurisdiction; (2) HUD to apportion Preliminary Pro Rata Need (PPRN) dollars associated with the CoCs geographic jurisdiction; (3) CoCs to inventory grants requiring renewal funding in the FY2011 Competition and record their Hold Harmless Need amount; (4) HUD to compute the CoCs Final Pro Rata Need (FPRN) amount for the FY2011 Competition; and (5) CoC applicants to confirm their intent to submit an application in the FY2011 Competition.
- Link to Full Grant Announcement
- Information not provided
- Grant Announcement Contact
- See Notice for Local HUD CPD Field Office information and The HUD HRE Virtual Help Desk.
Read Notice [@hud.gov]